How do you mobilize your ammo

You can never have too much ammo. True if you bug out you can only carry so much. I recommend Nutnfancy’s videos on bugging out. For many of us bugging out is not our option. Bury some ammo. Hide some ammo. If you are going to bug out, and for many that may be the only option, have a plan, a route, and a destination. Nothing stops you from Cacheing ammo & supplies along the way and at the destination. See Canadian Prepper’s videos. Another thing if you shoot regularly, a few years supply of ammo on hand will carry you through the times ammo is hard or impossible to buy. Ammo is a good investment the price of it only goes up and up and away, eh? It will be good for barter after and also you may need to supply family or friends after? You can never have too much ammo but keep the amount secret.

7 Likes

“How do you mobilize your ammo”?
I pull that little trigger thingy.

5 Likes

Me and Momma are old. We aren’t packing anything out. We will farm out what we can to the boys if they wish to bug out, but we are staying put. We will treat it like any other home invasion. If the Zombies to succeed and breach the inner sanctum, they will advance through a hailstorm of hot lead and we will die in a pile of empty brass and shell casings.

Personally, I’m betting on us.

9 Likes

Personally ladies and gentlemen I went Low ball on the “Prepping”. (@ first) I started late in this game when I saw the ‘migration’ of my states borders (and nobody @ the time was reporting about it). I went 1500 rds. ea. caliber (.22, .556 .9mm (200 rds. 12 g) Then Body Armor for all. The good stuff too (side panels, level 3+). If you can’t take a hit all else was a waste of time. Then I made sure I had a good Med bag (lots of Quik clot). then the generator(s) (inside) Gas storage, Water Source/purification, Reliable 4x4 transpo etc. I’m not going anywhere folks. Shelter-in-place for US. My house looks like the other houses on my street ( a bit more organized maybe) No extra vehicles in the drive, rocked landscaped (No big rocks to hurl through my windows), cactus in front of all windows (better than barbed wire!) I really like steel bars! for my garage doors (those darn remotes are too plentiful out there) same frequencies, patio doors and steel side gate, overlapping security measures, HD security door outside, Heavy solid wood door inside. No stickers/warning signs, gun owner inside etc. Invisible/everyman house. Let the invaders find out for themselves. Future purchases: More Ammo (of course ;c), better guns, I traded out the first batch for better quality/reliability. I don’t have tons of guns for each person. I did buy a couple of Springfield Hellions though! Great weapons. Lots of magazines for each though all loaded with good defensive ammo! hard hitting stuff. But the MOST IMPORTANT prep (for me) is we are all TRAINED-UP!. Proficient in our hardware. Clearing jams, reloading, etc. Muscle memory goes a long way to staying alive. I have no military experience, but (30 years of security work to streamline my defenses). I think people would be surprised @ the discreet defenses (another sort of tip for newbies: I did most of the prep myself (that I was sure I knew how to do well). No outside contractors (especially no INSIDE contractors) No showing off, blabbing about the work. Discreet all the way. (this is probably the most blabbing I’ve ever done) If nothing ever happens fine. If a little revolution happens fine. If the S— show explodes, well I did the best I could.
I sleep soundly @ night. My family is armed and protected.

Thanks USCCA for this Community and the back-up.

11 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Don102

2 Likes

I’m staying put unless the situation calls for me to leave, seeing as how I need a powerchair :man_in_motorized_wheelchair: for any long distance walking.
last summer we added solar to our house. I have a working outhouse and I am on a well.
plus my friends know where to meet up at if SHTF

5 Likes

Agreed…if it has to. Just saying it’s heavy so depending on your physical condition, your bugging distance may not be to far if you have to walk. :wink:

4 Likes

I have a lot of ammo based on that I shoot a lot 3 gun. Shotgun , long gun and hand gun . Most all my hand gun ammunition is 9mm . I have two manufacturers Sig and Glock . As I train like I shoot and shoot as I train . And don’t mix weapons to reinforce muscle memory. As asked if I had to pack up and leave tomorrow the bulk of my ammunition would stay in my safe . However I can take my .10/22 break down my .22 hand gun and 4,000 rounds of ammo all in a back pack with zero weight resistance . Or any of my 9mm and 2 k of ammunition with ease. The problem comes with a heavier weapon.308 LWRC that’s heavy and so is the ammo . Or a 223/556 long gun but I have several short barrel as well . But the go gun is that .22 . And you can take down squirrels and defend yourself easily.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Pbishark

2 Likes

Welcome @Pbishark !
The .22 IMHO is a go-to weapon for a lot of reasons.
Quiet(er), accurate and plentiful ammo cheap ;c)
4K ammo is a lot of bodies to stack Brother !

Stay frosty!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be hit with a 25 round fusillade from a .22.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Pbishark and we are glad you are here.

2 Likes

Last I checked, there’s no other gun owner in my family and circle of friends.
I know they know I own a few firearms and expect them to come to me for help when SHTF.

Talk about pooping before farting. :man_facepalming:t4:
Prepper is not in their vocabulary.

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

4 Likes

Well when ■■■■ hit the fan ask them what do you offer me?

It’s always attack the guy with the gun, until you need the guy with the gun.

6 Likes

Ran a marathon at 16, 54 years ago, did chin ups in Basic, 51 years ago.
Thought about running around the block, 20 years ago and last thought about chin ups 51 years ago.

7 Likes

Sasquatch Tavern, I know where that is. Follow the cobblestone road two miles south, turn right at the 72 foot maple travel straight for another 765 yards, hang a left at the “red” rose bush on the right, not the pink rose bush! Pivot right 22 degrees, look straight, your almost there! Y’all didn’t think I’d find it!

7 Likes

Blindfolded the whole way! :rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t have that much ammunition but even if I did, home is Alamo!
As a matter fact, anytime I travel I calculate how many days it would take me to walk home from that location. Carrying a heavy pack with little food or water, traveling mostly at night🤔
We drive almost everywhere simply because of the hassle to fly anymore. I wonder how many of you carry actual old fashion roadmaps with you on the chance your cell phones don’t work anymore?

10 Likes

It could be if that was all you were carrying, but what about other things necessary for a bug out food, water, filtration, shelter, medical, clothing. It starts to add up pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Everyone talks about SHTF, but what about when nothing hits the fan, as in an EMP?
If you haven’t you should read or listen to the book “one second after“. I think it would be an eye-opener for most people. It was referred to me by a physician and two engineering friends.

6 Likes