Do you have enough ammo?

We’ve seen people hoarding toilet paper on the news a lot lately. I don’t know about you, but I wasn’t running to the store to buy toilet paper. I did place an order for more ammunition though (recently purchased a new caliber and hadn’t stocked up yet).

While this blog article is a year old, it’s got some great insights into how much ammo you may want to have:

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/do-you-have-enough-ammo/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic-social&utm_campaign=1_re_link-post_topical_event-based-news

How much ammo would you like to have on hand?

• 250 rounds per caliber
  • 500 rounds per caliber
  • 1000 rounds per caliber
  • Depends on the caliber
  • Other, please share below

0 voters

We’re talking about our ideal number of rounds, not how many we currently have so no one has to give any personal information. :shushing_face:

Late question added:

What percentage of your ammo is self-defense ammo vs target ammo?

7 Likes

Quoting someone else on another thread…
“I’ve found the answer to that question makes some people uncomfortable.”

25 Likes

I’m with @Zee.

6 Likes

Bad timing for me, had a big weekend and shot the majority of my range ammo up right as the run started. Still have plenty but it’s slowed me down for sure. Plenty of SD ammo on hand though.

7 Likes

I have more than I really need, but mostly it is made up of stuff I’ve bought for different hunting trips. I’m overstock on 22lr and 22mag but I enjoy shooting those and don’t want to not be able to during times of shortages. Lots of different shotgun rounds in 12 ga 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 and anything from slugs and buck shot to #2’s -#8’s. Handgun and rifles, except .223, number in the few hundred. I’m not fooling myself thinking I can defend my house against a number of people. Brick, siding, and sheet rock as well as windows and doors aren’t going to save me. If it looks like it will get bad then I’m going to get out.

4 Likes

Have 1200 rounds of 9mm only 200 of which is defense ammo. 5.56 sitting at 500 rounds would like to have another 1000. 22lr sitting at 200 rounds, not thinking need to add more.

4 Likes

Here’s all the answer I’ll give, beyond, I have more than I can carry if I had to bug out.

22 Likes

I believe the the majority would answer, “not enough”

But most will reply…:shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::no_mouth::speak_no_evil:

9 Likes

Enough for what?

8 Likes

LOL! True. And when asked how many more guns do you need, the “correct” answer is always one more :rofl:

12 Likes

Lol, exactly :grin:

1 Like

Are we talking in the house , in truck or total

Anyway the answer is I NEED MORE

6 Likes

The perfect answer and I second it. Voted other to accommodate it.

2 Likes

Please define “enough”.

2 Likes

It’s a mathematical formula.
The number of guns you need=X+1
X=The number of guns you own.

6 Likes

My Russian professor back in college went through WW2 in Poland, first under the nazis then the communists with a Radom and 300 rounds of parabellum.

5 Likes

Beau Bennett on The Ranch.

1 Like

@45IPAC

So THIS right here

is why we had to learn algebra in school.

6 Likes

More then I hope I will ever need. :wink:

4 Likes

Yup. Algebra for how many Guns. Physics, for windage and elevation.

8 Likes