Holster question and carry position

In over 30 years of CC I have tried just about everything old/new under the sun. I now carry AIWB for the most part and have NEVER found a Kydex holster that worked for me. I HATE sharp plastic against my body.

Well I just bought an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck and it is absolutely THE most comfortable holster I own. I can carry all day and never have even one moment of regret. Keeps my gun close to my body and the soft backing feels great against even bare skin. The retention can be adjusted and re-holstering is easy.

3 Likes

Enzo,

Do you AIWB with the Cloak Tuck? If so are you carrying a full size, compact or sub compact.

I have a full size and have been carrying at the 4:30 position. Super comfortable and just as important very concealed on my frame. When I tried AIWB, it just didnā€™t conceal as well for me.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Yes I do. I carry a Glock 43x but I also carry Commander sized 1911s AIWB. This is the 43X! Currently one of my favorite carry guns. No problem hiding either gun even under very light shirts.

3 Likes

Aliengear is greatā€¦

Question, does the belt hold up? Got one good nylon web belt a while backā€¦ and it is double thickā€¦ and can not got another as the company is goneā€¦

Checked out ā€¦ I think it was a 5.11, and while I prefer to not buy Chinese, I will if that is all that is available, the belt was very thin.

Your review? and which manufacturer is it.

3 Likes

I was attempting more of a 12 O clock carry. I think I will have to try the 1 or 2 O clock to see if that works.

I have to admit, I love the Cloak Tuck. In the 4 -4:30 position I forget I have it on. Thatā€™s with aStoger STR 9 which is right in between the size of a Glock 17 and Glock 19.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a reversible double thickness 5.11. Itā€™s bout 8 years old and I bought two of them thinking Iā€™d have a spare. Iā€™ve never taken the tags off the second one and this one still feels like new.

2 Likes

I prefer slightly right of center. I find it the most comfortable position. Set the belt clips so the holster is completely vertical with no cant.

3 Likes

Will do. It is people like you and all the others on here that are willing to share your knowledge that makes this such a great community.

3 Likes

We are all here to help each other out. Thatā€™s why we love our USCCA family!

3 Likes

Thanks.
I will check into it.

Been looking at the Nexbelt EDC, it looks interesting also. Most are single thick, wish the one I have was still available. It is getting oldā€¦

3 Likes

That is a nice rig brother @Enzo_T :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s happened to me several times. You fall in love with things that work and the company stops making it. Thatā€™s how I ended up with 2 5.11s :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you sir! Comfortable and does the work it needs to do :+1:

3 Likes

I just got an Alien gear 4.0 which Iā€™m going to start to break in and you mentioned something about moving the clips which I am going to try to change the angle of the cant.
:+1::+1:

3 Likes

I am new to conceal carry but love my Cloak Tuck 3.5. Adjusting the clips like Enzo is talking about is super easy.

They donā€™t make the shape shift yet for my Stoeger or I would have went with that.

3 Likes

Is the 4.0 good?

I have an older one, did not really need any break inā€¦ it was comfortable to start.

3 Likes

As Kevin mentioned, no break-in necessary. Comfortable day one. Adjusting the retention takes just a few minutes. Donā€™t over tighten if carrying IWB because your belt will add a little tension too. Just need a a little trial an error but we are talking minutes to do.

3 Likes

The model I have is the shape shift and itā€™s very comfortable and I am going to try it as AIWB 1:00 oā€™clock position.

2 Likes

Hi Martin, check out Kore belts. I love mine. Nothing better than letting it out couple of ā€œclicksā€ after a large meal! lol

3 Likes

I have heard that from others as well. I will definitely check them out.

Thanks.

2 Likes