Holster question and carry position

The axis slim brings the holster and mag carrier closer together for a more compact assembl. It has flexible paracord type lacing holding them together. It allows them to flex and conform to the curve of your body. If you go to their website you can input all of your pistol information and color choices to “build” your holster.

3 Likes

I have an AXIS Elite. Honestly, I can’t remember why I picked one over the other. I read around on reviews and youtube videos and eventually somewhere had an “aha” moment where I settled on the Axis Elite. Their website does not do a good job of differentiating between the models. Some of the light/pistol combinations are available on one model but not others so that may eliminate options right off the bat.

I will say I’ve been very happy with the Axis Elite with a G19 & TLR8. I am considering getting another one for a G43. Make sure to get their foam wedges.

Here’s a few videos that may help you decide.

2 Likes

Thanks. I replied to you in a different thread that I just ordered the Axis last night.

3 Likes

I use Winthrope holsters. At first it was cost on my initial holster. I opted OWB because I didnt want to buy larger size clothes to go IWB. But a comfortable holster makes the difference either way. I’m medium frame and carry full size 1911,Browning HP, G2C,LCP all at diff times of course. LCP is back up. I guess i should actually answer the question . I carry in right kidney postion. But experimentation with what works best fo you is the way to go

2 Likes

I wear an Alien gear 4.0 IWB holster. at 3 o’clock.

Very Comfortable, I can wear kind of a tight shirt, no one has seen it yet. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

I have a Stoeger STR 9 so holsters are not as freely available as on some othe guns. Alien Gear does have a few for it. I am pretty much down to Clinger or Alien Gear.

Your Alien Gear setup looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

@Martin36. I have the shape shift holster kit…4 holster in one… plus got and extra shell. so I can carry other gun and have the option to have the 4 in one.

3 Likes

I have been looking at that but right now the Stoeger is all I own. It’s FDE but thinking I might need to get a companion for it in black.

2 Likes

I went with the Cloak Tuck 3.5 from Aliengear. came in last night and today is first day wearing it.

Have to say since I am new to concealed carry, I didn’t know what to expect. I am wearing at the 4:30 position and man that is super comfortable. Will need to experiment with different ride heights, cant, draws, etc but so far I really like it.

Thank you to all of you for your support and guidance.

5 Likes

You are GOING to end up with a box full of holsters. It just happens as you search for what works for you. I carry a G19 w/RMR every day AIWB in either a Vedder Light Tuck or a Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite. I got the Axis set up for a WML, and am still deciding if I like it with WML better than no WML in the Vedder and a seperate mag carrier for a reload. Like I said, you WILL end up with a box full of holsters. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I firmly believe in learning from others so I can hopefully keep it to one drawer or maybe not even a full drawer.

I have a Stoeger STR-9 which greatly limits holster choices and after doing research and the comments here…landed on the Aliengear as my 1st CCW holster.

I have also been looking at Clinger holsters. Many of the others don’t have a setup for my gun yet.

Thanks for the advice and reply.

2 Likes

CrossBreed.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Denise5!

3 Likes

My Alien Gear Cloak Belt Holster just arrived yesterday for the Masada. I prefer OWB at 3:30

4 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

That’s an awesome looking holster brother @NickC :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Figured I would post the Aliengear with the Stoeger in it.

Been carrying everyday, all day since Thursday in my home as my CCW is not here yet. My family hasn’t noticed yet. I was wondering if they just were not saying anything until I went to the store with my wife. She asked if I had my gun in the truck with us. When I said yes it is in the glove box, she replied she has no idea how I get it to and from the truck without her seeing it.

I also have one of those inexpensive range cases that looks like an organizer I have used to transport to and from the truck.

5 Likes

@Denise5.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

2 Likes

:+1: :smiley:

2 Likes