Holster question and carry position

Just make sure to look into their GUN belts. They also have fashion belts that are not reinforced. :+1:

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks for that. I had no idea.

2 Likes

I have a Nexbelt. Love it!

3 Likes

I liked the look, at least the EDC belt I saw online. I will need to invest in one, and the 5.11 double. Both seem to be worth having.

2 Likes

I have a Sig P320 RX Compact with a TLR7a, do you know if they make any appendix holsters that would accommodate this set up?

2 Likes

I have a Kimber ultra carry II 1911 with a 3 inch barrel in a leather Don Hume holster IWB, nothing fancy, I carry on the right side at the 3:30 position with a slight cant.

1 Like

That is exactly the way i would carry it brother @Richard263. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Not sure what the difference is between the P320 Compact and the RX Compact, but Tier1Concealed supports several flavors of P320 and also has the TLR7a supported (which is pretty rare). I have the Axis Elite for a Glock 19 and a Glock 43 and highly recommend them.

1 Like

No they donā€™t make a holster that would accommodate the light on your gun. SORRY :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for the info! The RX means it comes equipped with the Romeo 1 Pro Red Dot. I debated with myself about configuring my Sig with the TLR7, however, have limited use of my left hand due to my time in the Marine Corps and need to identify what I am shooting.

2 Likes

I ordered a custom Kydex holster for my Sig M17/P320 from a company called Black Point Tactical. My pistol has the Streamlight TLR8 attached. Not cheap and took 8 weeks to get it, but it fits my gun just right. It is a terrific product.

2 Likes

Tier1ā€™s holsters are red dot compatible so that shouldnā€™t pose a problem. If you have any questions on that holster feel free to ask, or their customer service has answered my questions usually within a day or so. I have a TLR8 on mine and Tier1 was pretty much the only one I found that had it as an option. The holsters are top notch too

3 Likes

I am new to all of this and so far got two different holsters nothing felt comfortable to wear in side my waist band. I am 6ā€™ 175lbs. Saw Sneaky Pete and ordered one that says Power Pack. I think I will be comfortable with this as it fits outside the was band and if anyone questions me on it I will say that it is the power for my pacemaker or a spare battery for my cell phone (the case looks similar to the one for my phone).

2 Likes

I am new to carrying as well. I am 6ā€™1" and 195 so not that far off on the bulid. I have the owb pancake kydex holster that came with my Stoeger - STR9 and an Aliengear IWB cloak tuck based on feedback from the group. I can wear the cloak in the 4:30 position all day and it is very comfortable. I have tried appendix carry but on me I feel it prints too much if I just have T shirt on.

I have been able to wear just about all my normal clothes with the tuck and my family can not tell I am carrying. I have even worn dress shirts with them tucked in. I am still waiting for my permit to come in so I canā€™t carry in public yet.

I am not sure if they make a holster for your setup or not.

Good luck and stay safe.

2 Likes

You still like it? Iā€™m interested, but Iā€™ve never really carried appendix

2 Likes

I liked it so much I bought another to carry my G43 (first was for G19)

3 Likes

@Enzo_T

Just wanted to follow up and say thank you.

You were kind enough to share your experience and knowledge about AIWB. I really didnā€™t get where you carried until you posted the picture.

I now carry using that same position. It is super comfortable and man my draw is far superior now.

Again, thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great!!! Iā€™m happy it worked for you and Iā€™m so glad I was able to help a fellow USCCA family member! Thatā€™s what we are here for, to help each other out!

This community is probably one of the best concentrations of practical knowledge Iā€™ve found on the internet. :+1:

6 Likes

Martin36. Just finished a conceal class as a student, for another/outside state. Excited for you. What do you all think about Alien Gearā€™s shoulder holsters?; Looks comfortable. Not yet tried their brand. Not a big fan of ankle holsters, but what do you think of em for when driving?

I liked the otherā€™s comment that many of us will end up with bunch of them; Iā€™m there. LOL.

So far, liking my safes:

SnapSafe XXL Lock Box, 2 Pack, Keyed Alike

2 Likes

I have carried in just about every position possible except a shoulder holster. Personally I prefer appendix carry. I can easily conceal a Glock 19 in shorts an a T-shirt and I am 5ā€™11ā€™ā€™ and 165lbs.

I carry in an LAS Ronin 3.0 appendix carry holster with attached mag caddy with a built in claw and I added a FUPA from Tier 1 holsters. An expensive rig but completely worth it.

Honestly though, for you, it will all come down to how you are comfortable carrying, how you dress, your build, and the quality of holster you purchase,

Give different ways a try and see what works for you.

2 Likes