Glock or Sig Sauer

I would favor a Glock over Sig, (except for the P365 vs Glock 43, though the Glock 43x Shield Arms 15 rd mags are intriguing).

The only downside with Glock is factory sites are plastic so you may as well add at least $100 To the price tag. Sogs come in around the same price with the bells and whistles.

That being said, I will never own a P320. I have picked one up, and it felt amazing, but I’m one of those people who totally lost interest when the drop failures where happening. I know they fixed it, but their fixing it was not adequate to me. I’d take the reliability of the Glock.

BUT the P365 has been out for a couple years now with a great track record. I wouldn’t hesitate to carry one of those.

That being said, I’m pretty much sold on M&P.

1 Like

I’ve never even shot a Glock but I have friends that only own Glocks. The Sig 229 is what I carried as a cop, and that’s a fine weapon to have. I bought one that was “police surplus” in 40 cal and will also shoot the 357 Sig with the barrel conversion.

It’s Fall season and getting cooler. Soon I’ll switch my EDC from my Kimber Ultra compact 45, to my Sig 229 which I’ll carry in 357 Sig…CONFIDENTLY!!!

3 Likes

I have both and love both. The Sig 320 shoots wonderful, will eat any ammo you feed it. The Glock 19 is the same, so I vote yes to both!!!

2 Likes

I have to admit, every time I see a new post in this thread I start thinking two things; 1. Man I love my Sigs and 2. Man I really like Glocks too

I really don’t think you can go wrong with either brand.

3 Likes

@Jeff4 I agree. I have both Sigs and Glocks, and I like them both.

2 Likes

Glock. Because I own one! LOL. In fairness I’ve never owned a Sig but it will be my next purchase. I will then update my opinion :hugs:

1 Like

I’d love to pick up a p365…But commie California says I can’t. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Both are excellent choices, I like both; Sig is my favorite, but Glock seems to be a huge favorite, I’m sure because of dependability & lower initial price; Sig is my choice because of the same dependability, although the initial price is usually quite a bit higher; I really think it’s more personal preference than any specific thing regarding either firearm.

2 Likes

I chose Hellcat that comes between the two! Wink!

1 Like

Nerf or nothing !

1 Like

I bought the Sig P320 RX Compact a couple months ago and really like the way it shoots. I also looked at the Glock 19 and would have been happy with either; the prices were fairly close without the red dot. I had trouble finding either of these guns, so when I saw the Sig I was happy to buy it. I wanted something I could carry and also use for home defense. I think either of these fit the bill.

2 Likes

I’ve used both and have carried both. They are both very excellent and well balanced but I prefer the Glock line due to a better fit and more accurate. Got a friend that carries nothing but Sig cause it fits him better.

I’ve seen some instances where sigs get rust. Is their finish not as good, or are these just coincidences?

Fits well in my hand. Good trigger, good sights. No needs for upgrades to make it comfortable to shoot. Easy to take down and clean.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Jeffrey130.
Reading your post, I’m guessing you’ve been referring to Sig Sauer… :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Jeffrey130 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

I have both Glocks and Sigs including the Glock 19. I don’t have the Sig P320. I have just a wee bit of trepidation over the alleged AD’s that have occurred over the last couple years with the 320 (These are different discharges than the drop issues of 2017 - 2018, See Guay v. Sig lawsuit). Hopefully we eventually get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

I have shot Glock for many years and have quite the stable. Not going to trade them in for the newest fad. I EDC Glock, and shoot Staccato for USPSA limited. No real incentive to add another brand.

2 Likes

I chose a Sig (M18) because I figure if it’s good enough for the Marine Corps, it’s good enough for me!

I have shot Glock, and although it was fine, it just didn’t feel comfortable in my hands. The grip angle didn’t feel right. I have really large hands, and even though the M18 is a compact it has full size grips on it so it is a perfect fit for me.

3 Likes

Have a G19 and a P365. Like them both. The G19 is an older gen3 that does not fit my hand very comfortably but shoots just fine for me. The P365 fits like a glove but shorter sight radius and lighter weight make it slightly less fast and accurate for me. The biggest issue I have with the two is the different grip angle and Glock target sight vs Sig combat sights. Makes the point of impact a little different when switching between the two but not enough to be an issue under 10 yards. Have been taking both to the range lately to try and make the adjustments automatic.

2 Likes