Friday Fun: Distraction from Current Events

There is a lot going on in the world today and tensions are high because of it. When you need a break from the stresses of the world, what do you do for a distraction?

Use fun drills at the range? Take a hike in a local park? Plan a vacation? Go for a drive with good music (no talk radio)? Work out?

How do you disconnect from current events and have fun during these unusual times?

Please keep your answers PG so this thread stays fun for all. Thanks! ~Moderators

4 Likes

I go urban exploring. I love finding old, abandoned buildings, exploring them - getting a sense of their history, and trying to imagine what kinds of things went on there.

Fun stuff and it takes my mind off of anything else.

4 Likes

Crossword puzzles, reading.

4 Likes

To break from reality?

Motorcycle, catch up on e-mail, watch CNN (:P), yard work.

2 Likes

Watch movies. Expecting my grandson over tonight. Oh yea. His dad is coming too. :rofl:

3 Likes

Shoot pool, work on my RC helicopters and dry fire practice.

1 Like

Make little groups of holes, in little paper targets, with a .22 rifle. It’s a hobby.

3 Likes

Learning how to play guitar and keyboards.

Binge-watching tv shows. Movies.

Gardening.

Playing with my spoiled baby (see avatar).

John 16:33

1 Like

Jeez so much bourbon & cigars to check out. Read the bible, clean weapons & house. Collect random items
Laugh at the dog.it’s a full life. Hmmm I could be a nut job…

2 Likes

Hmm…bourbon, cigars, cleaning weapons.

You’re not a nut job, you are WISE.

2 Likes

When you poke the rifle in the paper aren’t the holes kind of large? Lol

3 Likes

What’s your go-to bourbon?

Mine is Woodford Reserve, but I’ve recently become familiar with Bardstown, which is delicious.

Very good choice. Very fond of eagle rare & wt 101. Basil hayden comes to mind. All sippers neat. Bourbon is king these days so much to chose from.

1 Like

How about some Ol’ Grand Dad?

1 Like

I talk to people in real life. Oddly enough… it helps.

2 Likes

Also good. Like ezra single barrel sometimes. & oddly enough not a bourbon & Canadian ( which is normally not to be trusted) crown royal when I lived in milwaukee always have some of that sitting around, just because

1 Like

Only when I throw the stock end first.

2 Likes
  1. read paper books
  2. watch old movies (1970’s - 1990’s)
  3. listen Mike Oldfield’s music (JM Jarre works for me as well)

I’v been doing this all the time. I never wait for stressful situations :wink:
Life is short, no reason to shorten it more…

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s shop 'till I drop. :slightly_smiling_face: lots of packages but no new ammo. I did distribute my ammo stockpile to USCCA cans. Also, got a couple new tactical flashlights. Never used to carry one but the training around here says I should if I am going to be out at night. Makes good sense.

I get “lost in a good book”