Fanny packs, a yay or nah?

OK, so my preferred method to carry now is in a fanny pack. I did so back in the 90’s as a cop when I was not in uniform )either under cover or off duty) and it worked. Today, they are back in fashion. I live in a college town, and almost everyone carries one here.

I was on another page and someone said as soon as a “bad guy” saw me I would be dead because everyone would recognize it as a holster. I countered with I am generally not preparing to fight ISIS, but the dope head that wants to rob me walking into Walmart because he needs his drug fix. Yes, cops, and hard core criminals may have seen the fanny pack CCW bags, but the odds say most people won’t know the difference. Certainly not most common criminals.

What are your opinions. I have all types of holsters for different scenarios, but for day to day use, it is much easier to clip it on if I run to the store or wherever than a belly band, shoulder holster or whatever. What say you?

Scott

13 Likes

I say to use whatever works best for you as long as you train with it that way.
Can you draw as quick/get on target with it in a fanny pack as you can vs a shoulder/hip holster?

11 Likes

Agreed. Use what works for you, but to me the fanny pack is my best for MOST situations. I honestly may not be able to, but with a belly band i would find myself NOT putting it on for short trips because it was a pain in the butt, and in the summer, to carry the shoulder holster you need to waer a jacket which is not always reasonable. i wore suits as a detective so it was easy then, but now as a personal trainer I wear workout clothes, so the fanny pack seems to be the best for ME! Not suggesting it is best for everyone.

7 Likes

Put a patch on the front of it, “Depends”, then the bad guys won’t ever think about robbing you. :grinning:

12 Likes

That’s why they never rob Joey! amirite?

Whatever works as ‘K’ said. If you wear sweats all the better
Just tell the Skell(s) “Wait, you want my Wallet, Here, BANG, BANG!” Simple

Where We Go 1 We Go All!
No step on my Fannie!..Snek!

6 Likes
7 Likes

I found a leather fanny pack that could hold my full size Sig P220. There are a lot of “tactical looking” fanny packs with MOLLE straps etc. I did NOT want that. I want to be the gray man as much as possible.

11 Likes

‘Grey Man’ is Excellent…except I don’t know how to do that w/ My Gilboa ‘Snake’ Battle Rattle AR
My helmet (slightly dented!) w/ NVG’s, My…oh never mind! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You can buy pack from Vertx, just look for one which doesn’t look tactical.
People are using waste packs for everything - documents, medication, handguns, eyeglasses, keys…
As long as it doesn’t look tacticool - nobody will know that you carry a firearm.

5 Likes

Hahaha maybe they are for different applications.?

2 Likes

Yes, I have pockets for my wallet, phone etc., but in the back is a holster.

3 Likes

WHY? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ask @ScottGaran :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Why don’t look tactical?

2 Likes

I can’t feature wearing a fanny pack, I’ve talked so much smack about them I’m afraid people would make me pay dearly…

4 Likes

If it ain’t TACTICAL it ain’t Practical!

A Tac Pack keeps the SKELLS away! Like Bug repellant!

3 Likes

I pray you are kidding! We ARE talking urban warefare here!

2 Likes

I heard they are giving them away with a 2 gun purchase at Galenson’s. :grinning:
You see what I did there? @TheKid

4 Likes

You can’t say ‘Gay and Faggy’ here brother
If you say 'Gay and faggy here you could get Canned and Banned
Now, I’m NOT saying ‘Gay and Faggy’ myself , I am just repeating that YOU said 'Gay and Faggy!

"Gay and Faggy’ isn’t PC these days but you can say ‘Ridiculously Over-Joyed and Cargoed!’ and that might get past the stoic Moderator’s and Snowflakes!

1 Like

I wasn’t saying it in a bad way. I was just saying that bigots will call me that! I have a few gay friends. I could care less.

2 Likes