What’s the best way to conceal your gun for new firearm carriers?

I’m looking for a waist pack for CC. Any good recommendations? Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Amazon.com : BLACKHAWK Concealed Weapon Fanny Pack with Holster and Retention Belt Loops : Tactical Fanny Packs : Sports & Outdoors

4 Likes

Some previous threads on the subject. :+1:

4 Likes

Focus on the “concealed” part of carrying.

If I were to use a waist pack, I would stay away from tacti-cool looking products.

6 Likes

7 Likes

LOL. I just need something for while I’m exercising outdoors. I have a IWB holder as well.

Thanks

4 Likes

Your comments make total sense to me. Thanks for your input.

4 Likes

@George133,
I wouldn’t recommend a waste bag or Fanny pack, people have a tendency of taking them off and forgetting them. I always use Kydex OWB or IWB. It’s easier to access your weapon without Velcro or a zipper.

3 Likes

Stick with the IWB brother.

4 Likes

I use a 5 o’clock IWB or OWB depending on my attire. Im 6’3", 245lbs with a muffin top so appendix carry does not work for me. I pocket carry occasionally with shorts & use a fanny pack when cycling, Use what works for you & train (safely) unholstering & properly bringing your pistol to your chest to extend while ( getting off the “X”) . There are some great training videos on this site. Check them out.

3 Likes

If you’re running, you might want to consider a corset type holster (no, they’re not just for girls :smiley: ) Hands free and won’t move.

Here are a couple websites that offer them (not an endorsement, just reference):

https://www.pistolwear.com/holsters/

2 Likes

The dude with the Hello Kitty pack and white sneakers will avoid scrutiny.

6 Likes

The best way can be a tricky and loaded question by itself. The best answer I would be able to give is to try different methods. Pending on body type firstly. What you plan on doing that day, clothing and temperature plays a part. Firearm also is a major factor as well. As a start, try strong side Carry, either IWB or OWB. Appendix carry. Females like corset or belly bands. Sticky holsters are also a option. I would refrain from off body type bag holsters, tho there is a place and time for them, they tend to run into some legal issues in many states once the bag leaves your person.

Whatever holster you choose, try it, wear it all the time, around the house. Don’t be afraid to work with it in the yard or doing chores. You need to feel confident in your equipment. It also helps you find what works best. Example- me personally I like OWB holsters. With my sig 365 I can conceal it well, without imprinting on most clothing until I wear a light shirt and shorts, then at which time I switch to appendix carry IWB. I train with both.

2 Likes

Depends on the situation and your body type.
When shopping, I have several jackets with holsters in locations which work for my body.

In the office or city house, a shoulder holster under a jacket… or calf/ankle holster. Hard part seems to be in finding a shoulder holster which doesn’t point at the person behind me.

In rural environs, a waist pack (actually a holster inside a pouch which is not shaped like a gun) which can’t be removed without removing the belt – so I put it on in the morning and it just hangs around all day. Someone might guess that it’s for a gun, but it might be for other tools, and many of the neighbors are armed also.

2 Likes

Looking at the thread most people said something about fanny packs. I personally don’t think off body carry or fanny packs are all that great or a good idea because you may take them off and forget that. If you are ever in a situation, you may not be able to access your firearm as quick or the fanny pack or bag may be snatched away from you. I would recommend either owb or iwb. But off body carry as its pros and cons as well as on body carry. If you carry on body fgure out if you prefer appendix or strong side carry more. But anyways experiment and find what works for you. I recommend get a bunch of holsters etc and go from their. Take classes as well.

4 Likes

I agree with most everything you stated except for the above :wink:

When it comes to holsters, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Exhibit A: yours truly

4 Likes

To each their own.

4 Likes

The best advice I could give is try different methods and find which is most comfortable/useful/practical for you and your daily life.

4 Likes