Fanny Pack Help!

I need help finding a fanny pack similar to this one. This pack was made by Northwest Products about 20 years ago. They are now out of business. I have not been able to find a similar pack. Very simple operation, gun is held in by a snap and Velcro in a pouch behind the pack. The pack itself is in neutral colors so it doesn’t scream “gun” like most other packs on the market. Any suggestions??

1 Like

If you are asking which one is better for carry the one with the velcro fly is preferred. If your not asking that question a little verbiage from you would greatly enhance your request for help.

Cheers,

Craig6

I couldn’t get my question in before the pics posted. Sorry, I’m new at posting on this site. I’ve had this pack resewn, the snap replaced, the Velcro replaced and the buckle replaced because I can’t find anything else like it on the market.

2 Likes

I got you, no worries.

From USCCA with a company at the bottom
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/pack-mentality-rethinking-the-fanny-pack/

Your right, I just spent 15 min looking and there are very few out there that are not black or OD Green.

Dunno where you are located but if I wanted it recreated I would find a sail maker / boat canvas shop and get a couple done, he!! if you have the $$$ get 100 made and sell them online, you’re probably not the only one looking.

REI or similar might be another option but you might have to fab attachment for the gun.

Cheers,

Craigs

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check out the website. Just read the info on the link you posted. Most excellent! The pack he’s using is exactly like the one I posted. His observations on use of the fanny are spot on, right up to the inference that these days, only old guys carry fanny packs! But I perceive that to be changing. Unfortunately, it looks like KG Products has gone the way of Northwest Products. Great read anyway!

FWIW my beloved Auntie is a sail maker down in NC and I’m due to call her. I’ll ask if she would be interested in doing one or more (she is mostly retired now) but she would probably need yours as a pattern and it would get “deconstructed”. No promises.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Kinda off topic, but amusing. I worked as a supervisor for a challenge / leadership development course for a while. We had people from all over the world that would attend. Got a group from across the pond with someone that was wearing a fanny pack. It was a group of young adults. I commented on their fanny pack and they gave me an odd look and one of the females exclaimed “What!”. Little did I realize that in that part of the world “fanny” is considered vulgar slang for female genitalia. Good thing it was a laid back environment and we all just had a good laugh.

4 Likes

HaHaHa I just had a flash back to 1987 when I hauled a bunch of my Corps School brethren down to Chicago for fleet week and a British ship was in port. We got a tour of the ship and drank some of her majesties beer onboard and then went out on the town. We were sitting in a pizza pub drinking and eating. The music had died down for a second and this one lad says to me “Aye mate, 'ave ye got a fag?” It took a minute to sort out the definition of “fag” but we all had a good laugh. The lads were schooled in American vernacular so that if they went into 7-11 they wouldn’t ask for a pack of fag’s. :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

As a youngster I carried my glock 19 in a fanny pack. It was black and had one of those uncle Mike type holsters with velcrow on the inside. It worked well back in those days but I don’t remember the company or brand name.

3 Likes

Appreciate the offer but I’m only interested in one. I’m in LA and have a seamstress who could do a passable job on a refurb. I actually have two of these, the other in blue and gray. Been milking them for a long time.

One thing I do not care for in this pack is that it is slightly too small in the compartment. The rear sight on the G27 tears up the Velcro at the top which I’ve had to have replaced.

1 Like

I think they refer to them in Europe as “butt packs”. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Off topic a bit but I could never understand why fanny packs fell out of favor. In the 90s, most everyone who had to carry anything had one. Then they disappeared in favor of the back pack. So instead of having something convenient you could wear around your waist and put small stuff in, you now have to wear a “trunk” on your back or you’re looked at as archaic, thus my comment that only old guys wear fannys these days.

1 Like

If you go on the USCCA Portal the current Concealed Carry magazine MAY/JUNE has a Galco fanny pack that is being advertised. Its called the FASTRAX PAC on page 9.

I bought this one new on ebay it was 19.99 holds my glock19 with a e-series lazer on botton. You pull one drawstring and opens right up. It is kinda bulky and its black but its made very well.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the one I had as a cop youngster. NICE

2 Likes

I use this:

Elite Survival Systems Liberty Gun Pack

Great for tossing in the backpack also.

1 Like

You may also want to check out Sneaky Pete, they’ve got some pretty tame “holster’s” that look like a belt pouch/ case.

3 Likes

I like my Sneaky Pete… it’s like concealed open carry.

FOTO_20200628_083408

3 Likes

I posted in another thread, while maybe a bit pricier, Vanquest has a new line of “urban” (aka greyman) bags and I picked up one of their fanny/cross body packs. They have a small one and a slightly larger one.

2 Likes

Maxpedition has a nice line of packs of different designs.

2 Likes