Deciding on jogging "holster"

Hey guys, need to bounce some ideas off. So I’m a male, fairly young (30s) somewhat fit, but would really like to get back to running as exercise (current situation notwithstanding) and I am a little extra round around the waistband that I would love to get rid of. I would very much like to be able to CC a handgun while jogging, as a result I have been contemplating either the crossbreed i.c.e bellyband or the galco fastrax pac “fannypack” (the newer one). Handgun will be Walther pps m2, it’s similar in size to the glock 43 if I recall correctly. Also, state is Texas.

Anyway, please chime in and thanks in advance.

2 Likes

A belly band and a small concealed carry pistol will work. I have a spare tire and I would contemplate that if I were jogging.

3 Likes

Crossbreed Modular Belly Band :ok_hand:

Safety first…

5 Likes

Comforttac belly band is what I wear.

2 Likes

Ok thank you, this is largely where my thoughts were going in.

Ok thank you, I definitely agree with the crossbreed. I haven’t had anything bad to say about it yet. So eyeballing it for sure.

1 Like

Ok thank you. I’ll look at this.

You can open carry in Texas, right? Get two of those hinged OWB holsters that calvary used to wear on horses. You need the hinge so they flex with your legs. You’ll need two so you’re balanced. No one will mug a jogger open carrying dual pistols.

Then for fun, run with a “Bomb Squad” shirt and a body cam. Share videos of all the people trying to keep up.

1 Like

That’s funny, I like it. However my personal philosophy is concealed carry. I just want to run/jog get my exercise done and be back home without “alarming” people. In other words, an eventless exercise…though now you’ve got me wondering how to pull off a jogging body cam…gopro on head? Chest rig? Whatever, anyway, also curious about aforementioned holster. Going to look that up now.

Thanks for the input though.

Edit: were you perhaps referring to Calvary pommel holsters?

I use a comfort tac as well. I’m in gym shorts and sweats %80 of the time. This holster is secure, it works, it’s very comfortable, and it’s $20. It would definitely work for jogging. My only complaint is I don’t enjoy holstering my gun in it. I have to hold the flap open with my right hand, and then slowly holster the weapon in. Once it’s in it’s good. It is a good product, but you can’t be careless with holstering. It may be better to holster before putting it on, but my issue with this is if you drop one end of the belt the gun will go swinging and flash the whole room. SO I personally find it easier/ safer to put the band on, holster, and then adjust.

Jersey mentioned the crossbreed. If I’m not mistaken it has a kydex Shell fit in it. That would definitely be a good option. It is more expensive though.

It is comfortable adjustable and good retention.

I don’t like the flagging of the hand, but you can Avoid this buy bringing the gun around and avoid pointing at anything you don’t want to destroy. When I switch between my kydex holster and this, I start with the belly band at about 1:30-2:00 position. I do flag any part of my body, then I rotate the band to my typical 3:30 position. I tighten it a bit and I’m good to go.

1 Like

This one got my attention few months ago.
But what I don’t like is a soft pocket for handgun which is “no go” for me.
Perhaps I’m too crazy about it… but safety first. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I would choose to wear a holster over this every time. I don’t like the extra step of removing the button strap at draw, I don’t like the fact that it is fabric. Holstering is more of a chore (I holster without breaking the 4 fire arm safety rules). Some people recommended holstering it before putting it on, but like in my other post, I feel there’s more potential for the gun to go swinging around.

That being said, I’ve developed a system I believe is safe… it took me some time… but I do believe it’s safe (as long as you’re smart about holstering). There is tough leather like material that covers the trigger. I was not comfortable with it at first, but now it fits a necessary niche for me. Definitely not my Go-To, but I’m comfortable with it now. (It’s also one of the reasons why I like to have a safety on my gun. I don’t depend on it… but it makes me feel better about carrying in this method.) It’s also a very easy method to conceal, and you can wear it in many different positions.

I may consider getting a crossbreed in the future. I wanted to make sure the neoprene would last. I was expecting the neoprene to wear out faster. $20 every few months isn’t huge, but $70 every few months would be tough. (which is another aspect of belly bands I don’t like). So far it seems to last. I also didn’t realize crossbreed sold replacement bands for $35. I may upgrade to the Crossbreed when I get the chance. That being said, I have been pleased with my comfort tac.

The crossbreed product in question is this:

The belly band is elastic but the holster itself is combination kydex/leather. This is a major portion of why I’ve been really eyeballing this system. Also, if you wanted to carry a different firearm for one reason or another, you can carry it provided you have the corresponding holster for it (you’ll still have to pay for it but can be had stand alone) .

3 Likes

That looks like a really good rig. :+1::raised_hands:

I started another thread on this subject which I will remove. The video is great! I recently purchased a CanCan Shebang holster that I am returning. I have been struggling with carrying safely and effectively for years now.

Watch the video as well…
ComfortTac XL Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry | Black | Fits Gun Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, Glock 19, 17, 42, 43, P238, Ruger LCP, and Similar Sized Guns | for Men and Women https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DEGYTC6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_DngZEbHBM3CFB

1 Like

Please be careful with “Amazon grade” holsters. Remember - safety first, not only yours but all bystanders.
I call these things - firearm pouch, not firearm holster.
Just my opinion…

3 Likes

The rating for this bellyband is 4.6 of 5.0 by almost 8,000 buyers. I have personally used this band with zero issues for over a year. I am not sure what “Amazon grade” is defined as or has to do with the quality of their suppliers. There are good and bad manufacturers. Always read the reviews and do further research on ANY purchase, firearm related or not.
This holster is made by ComfortTac, not Amazon. The same goes for my Safariland holsters I bought via Amazon. The quality has 100% to do with the manufacturer and 0% to do with Amazon. Just sayin’.
Disclaimer: I am an Amazon stockholder. :innocent:

4 Likes