Deciding on jogging "holster"

TexasEskimo thanks I’m putting my order in. I have a tendency not to carry when I wear shorts or joggers because they pull down and this should solve the issue

5 Likes

@DarthJediJohnny I am always willing to give my recommendations, but they are my opinion… so always seek out others as well.
This band is not only good during physical activity, but comes in really handy when I must wear a shirt tucked in for work and being in “gun free” zones. Of course the draw is slower, but it is far better than not having any weapon with you. And it doesn’t require any belt.
This is how I use it… (and yes, that is my Blue LEO Glock 43 in the pic. It’s how I train until I have perfected a draw).

1 Like

Agreed @TexasEskimo… I’ve been always writing that holsters are personal preferences.
Everybody uses what they feel comfortably with.

That was only my advice - think about safety (yours and others) before purchase decision.
I used phrase “Amazon grade” which didn’t mean “Amazon product” and also didn’t apply to quality.
Everything was about safety - soft firearm pouch vs solid firearm case.

2 Likes

Very nice opinions and advice from everyone. I have looked at the comfort tac and while a good product, my one personal negative is the retention strap. If it was a thumb-break version, then that would be one thing, but having to find the end of the strap and pull it? In the heat of the moment? This is why the crossbreed version is so appealing, you get the best of both worlds, actual holster and flexibility of a belly band.
This is why I’m going to be getting this once my next paycheck comes in…if the finances works out…I’ll worry about that later…

3 Likes

The reason I decided is because I took my son and daughter to GameStop and some idiot was arguing with the lady that worked there. I remember I did t carry cause I had joggers. Then I noticed he kept looking around and I knew he was gonna do something. Right away I went into defensive mode and told my kids to get behind me Then he kicked the table started swearing and spit at her. It could have been worse and the only thing that kept going threw my head is I’m not carrying

Agree 100%. That is why mine now looks like this…

I cut the retention strap off the first week I had it. The band is tight enough to keep the firearm secure. It would pass the “FBI Upside Down Disco Dance” test. I don’t recommend this is for all shapes and sizes, but it works great for me.

2 Likes

@Eduardo_Pablo Do you have a URL to share the Crossbreed version you are considering? I am open minded and always eager to learn more… just as most of us here in the community. :+1:

1 Like

This is the package, belly band and holster. They do sell both separately, but if it’s the first belly band that you’re getting from them, I would go with the package. (And I will do just that when I’m ready for it)

Anyway url: https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/modular-systems/belly-band/modular-belly-band-package.html

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. Great package. I just “built” one on their site for my EDC Glock 43. Came to over $100 w/o the bedside kit. So thank you for sharing, I will make my decision after you get your next paycheck and do a review.

Fair enough. Just a bit of a warning, next paycheck for me is beginning of june.

1 Like

Could it be possible that the firearm is to heavy for the belly band

@Johnnyq60 It’s only a Sig P365, supposedly the band will support a full size firearm.

1 Like

Yes that will work

So I wore my ComfortTac XL with all the crap going on. Overall I like it. But there a few things that need to change so me being a bigger guy I bought the biggest size CB and there is some left over and I hide it behind. But they should Velcro so it fastens it and it doesn’t go up all the time. All the magazine holder needs to be redone. It doesn’t hold it secure enough. I went to the bathroom so I had to take it off. The magazine with flying. That was I a public bathroom and thank God no one else was in there. It had a the firearm very secure thou. I am happy I would give it a 3 out of 5

2 Likes

Agree with what you say. Not everyone is built the same. I have 32" waist and never a problem. My spare mag holders work well… most likely because I only use this when I carry my Glock 43. The mags are lightweight, single stack and 6 rounds.
If I was in a stall and someone’s mag came flying in… depending on the caliber they would probably just get back an empty magazine. Lol.
Earlier in this thread someone suggested a Crossbreed Modular Belly Band. Maybe give that a try? Your life and safety is worth more than “3 out of 5”.

1 Like

Yeah I saw the crossbreed. I checked them out. What I do t like is that it’s specific to the firearm. So if I wanna switch it up I would need one for everyone

2 Likes

All you need then is a larger holster drawer. We all got 'em. Lol.

1 Like

Personally I don’t mind too much I only intend to use the belly band with the smaller frame handguns and at this moment in time the only one I have is the Walther pps m2. If I get another subcompact, I’ll either get another shell for that handgun or just stick with the Walther.

1 Like

So I changed my rating to 4 out 5. I realized when but on the Belly holster today. I noticed there was another pocket that the magazine fits better and not secure in. I guess the other one is for something else.

2 Likes

I actually used the other one on my chest rig… works great.

1 Like