Too many choices, I need help

OK, I am disabled, and wear athletic pants and sweatshirts. I have tried the belly holsters. Won’t stay up when I get up. No place for IWB or OWB. Carry S&W Equalizer. Similar in that it has some connection to the EZ, but not the same gun as the M&P. Right now I carry in a sling bag, but want to keep the gun attached. So, looking at shoulder holsters. Again, no belt to connect to. Anybody have experience with or thoughts on this? I need a place to start.

9 Likes

shoulder holsters - MidwayUSA

High Ready Chest Holster (galcogunleather.com)

Shoulder Holsters | Galco Holsters (galcogunleather.com)

6 Likes

Biggest downside is that it is almost impossible to draw without flagging and/or keeping your muzzle pointed in a safe direction. They can also be challenging to get on/off. And the good ones are expensive. There is a company called Springbreak that permits you to draw without flagging. Pricey, however ($400). My experience is that they tend to flap about, especially when bending over. If you live where it is humid you will be pretty wet much of the time. Other than that they are OK.

7 Likes

Tom, Try this Bruh, It’s cool. I don’t use it all the time but when I wear sweats this is my ‘Go to’.
Comfy, Stay’s put and not Insane on the wallet ($105) There’s one that straps to a back pack but then you…uh have to wear the pack all the time :upside_down_face:
If you have a zip up Hoodie this is Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect.

Mi tres Centavos
WWG1WGA

9 Likes

This :point_up:t4: but worth it once you find what works.
Looking for one now that
Winter is coming

4 Likes

1970s Tanker shoulder holster I found at a flea market for $25.00, refurbished and is my favorite. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Tom206 Let us know what you choose and why. :+1:

12 Likes

OH! Sweet!
CLASSIC!
Vintage!
I want one!

NOW! :laughing:

9 Likes

@Tom206 , have you ever considered Leisure Carry?

6 Likes

I wear Perry suspenders and a Kore belt for my heavy CC’s.
For my athletic shirts I use a Versacarry leather IWB for my CR920P. Doesn’t sag.
Hth

4 Likes

If you do a search, there are several belly band holsters that are self supporting and do not require a belt. ComfortTec makes several, holds a variety of EDC’s and magazines. They can be ordered in a variety of sizes for girth and are fully washable. That is just one of many that came up when I did a search.

5 Likes

Greetings Tom, I hope that you are well.

While I am unsure of what you are able to wear, this place has a couple of different options that may suit your needs. Good luck on your search!

5 Likes

Ok, this might be a little unorthodox, but I wear a belt and suspenders. A good heavy belt with a pair of work suspenders. You could replace the clips on the suspenders with leather straps, put holes in straps and belt, and connected them with “Chicago rivets” (available at Amazon) . This way you can attach
Your cc, extra mags cell phone, pocket knife, and whatever else to the belt. And a cover shirt to cover it all up. No need for belt loops.
Chicago rivets screw together, they just have to be long enough to go through the thickness of the leather.

7 Likes

Try sewing a diagonal cloth strap to your belly band holster. It will keep things in place nicely.

One inch canvas strap material is readily available at Hobby Lobby and Walmart, and is often sold by the yard; buy enough - you’ll likely need more than you think.

FYI.

5 Likes

I bought a ComfortTac from Amazon for $25. Have used several times when I go for a walk in shorts. So far it’s sturdy enough to carry my .45 and has a pocket for a phone, wallet or extra mag. And I was able to order a version friendly for leftys.

4 Likes

Good question Tom206, as some of us in our greater community have similar needs.

IDK. Lots of good tips already, I can’t much add to.

Made me think, if there is not one ideal item, maybe another way to look at it is via a system or rig, interconnected/interdependent; creating your own unique rig, built around your needs. Imagination, creativity, sewing materials, and or taking your work out pants to a tailor or dry cleaner who offers sewing/tailoring (I’ve done that).

I was thinking how useful the pants are, because the waist area around the pants offers a secure area whereby when “drawing” a weapon, it offers resistance so one can pull more easily.

If you’d be open to finding or sewing on strong belt loops around your jogging pants, might that be a creative way to build a stronger rig?

Then belts and suspenders come next, opening up more options for you from there?

3 Likes

Try this.

I bought one to try out. It actually works pretty good. I carried a full sized USP without a belt and no sag.

Not perfect but you work with what you can

4 Likes

Hi all. And thank you to each of you who have replied. I am going to make my way thru all of these solutions. They all make a lot of sense. I am seeing that multiple holsters depending on that day’s need may be the ultimate answer. In any event, I shall report back where I end up. May be a couple of weeks with research, etc… But I am betting the answer is in here. Now the squishy part. You all have no idea how much this has meant that all took time to think and respond. That is why you are all so important to everyone else. :+1:

11 Likes

@Tom206 ,
Most of us came through this:

Be patient with research and do not give up if something you bought didn’t work well…
One day you will find the same box in your house… :grinning: , but eventually will get what you wanted. :crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

That’s a fact Jack! (or Jerzees in this case)
I VOWED! that wasn’t going to happen to me! Vowed! I tell you!
(in all honesty my box is probably bigger!)
In order to NOT relive the Horror of seeing that box full of ‘not quite rights’ every time
I got a pair of shoes or shirts I donated the ‘mistakes’ to my local LGS.
Christmas in June (for them). but I am mentally better off than seeing them everyday.
So, make your purchases and when YOUR box is too big----donate! Keeps the other half off
your back (in this case) :crazy_face:

7 Likes

1b4b3a8f3a509047103ecb94ff0220ca00f9ab8d_2_345x192

I consider myself blessed for still requiring only one holster for going on three years now!

6 Likes