Belly Band

Looking for pros and cons on belly bands.

Thank you in advance!

3 Likes

Check these threads:

6 Likes

Yes there is a lot of info in the treads that @Jerzees mentioned agree 100 percent. I’m not a fan of belly bands.

2 Likes

Just throwing my hat in the ring…I have purchased one from 2A4Life as well as one from Bravobelt. Both are functional, but the one from Bravobelt is WAY more comfortable and has one relocatable mag pouch in addition to the two permanent ones. Also has a large pocket for cellphone or misc item if you were to be wearing something without pockets (shorts, or maybe for females wearing leggings). It is not my first choice, but it is another tool in the bag based on situation.

3 Likes

Having tried a couple, here is my 2 cents. The belly bands that provide a soft holster are lacking some things that are important to me: Firm retention, Ability to draw without having to fumble with a snap/strap, Positive “hard” trigger covering. Also, since I am a runner (& carry while running), the soft holster setups wear out rather quickly, probably because the stitching can’t withstand the “jog” of a 2 lb weight. I have settled on the Crossbreed modular belly band, which provides a kydex holster. It’s a lot more expensive than the soft ones, but it solves all of the issues mentioned above.

5 Likes

Recently started using the Comfort Tac 2.0. Only drawback is the sizing, order over sized. Comfortable. secure, and movable to any position from high like a shoulder rig to anywhere around the waist. IWB or OWB whatever you choose. Holds my Springfield XDS with a laser sight up close and personal.

4 Likes

@Jerzees Thank you for pointing out there are already 3 other threads on this topic. But it looks like there are now 4. Maybe there should be a “Search” function on this site @Dawn?

5 Likes

:wink: search…
and that is exactly what I’m using to point to all these other threads

Members… Please use this button :point_down: before you post questions… :pray:

. . . . . . … . . . . . . . . . A_20200818_04

3 Likes

How are y’all doing this morning my brother.

1 Like

@Johnnyq60, what time zone are you at? 6:30 am is not a morning… it’s a middle of the night :wink:

3 Likes

Eastern brother how about you?

You know I wake up at 4am leave home at 4:30 am and start working at 5:00 am. I have a layback job that’s why I’m able to be on the forum.

1 Like

:scream:
Central…
I sleep till 9 am, eat breakfast and trying to do everything to do nothing :joy:
I’ve decided to do this till the moment people start to behave old way and stop live on my taxes. :triumph:

But seriously I’ve got a lot of remote work during the nights so that’s the reason I get up late. :yawning_face:

1 Like

@Jerzees Search and consideration was taken prior to posting the question. Results from nearly a year ago are partially helpful. Perhaps newer products have hit the market. If we are schooling members on proper protocol, it would be appreciated if side bar conversations are moved to private message.

4 Likes

@Marrio… Do not take it personally. This was for ALL Community members.

I’m not going to school anybody here, this is not my role. However we as the part of this Community should keep it organized.

I this particular case - I fully understand your point and also agree with it - new products hit the market every month.
But instead of creating another thread we can just ask the question within existing one. Today it may looks OK. You have your answers, but in next few months if somebody wants to check “belly holsters” he/she will have to jump between several threads.
That’s the reason, forum moderators combines threads together. We can help them avoiding doubling the threads.

1 Like

I bought a belly band and found it OK then I had to bend over and realized it was not OK. I bent over to pick up something and my belly pushed it down and it rode up over my butt. My shirt kept it from being exposed but I had a hard time adjusting with out anyone knowing.
However when the quarantine started and I went walking I found a new use for it–batman utility belt. I use it to carry pepper spray, knife, and carry weapon. If It had more room I’d stuff my wallet in it.

3 Likes

They are great for concealment. They are comfortable as far as fit. Shorts and a t-shirt cover it. It holds the firearm close to your body so it doesn’t print.
That being said, they can get hot. You will sweat under the band. They are soft sided so the trigger of the firearm is not covered.
It really comes down to what works for you and how you dress day to day.

3 Likes

My comfortac has a hard plastic over the trigger.

3 Likes

I am to big, it probably fit like a girdle instead of a holster.

3 Likes

I found that a belly band allows me to carry in settings where my clothing won’t otherwise allow me to conceal. I use a kydex trigger cover with the elastic band. My draw time is poor, but it definitely works better than off body carry in a lock box.

5 Likes