Best concealed carry setups for biking/running?

Hello,

I spend a lot of time on these activities and was curious about what setups you have come up with for these activities that work for you.

While running, I wear gym shorts and with that, my holster is not very secure. I could opt to use cargo shorts/belt but would like to see if someone has a better suggestion or setup.

When I bike, I spend a good portion of my ride hunched forward and that makes appendix carry (my go-to) not a desirable option. I find that a hip carry (concealed) is the best/most comfortable for me, but again wanted to see what others have come up with.

2 Likes

Check this threads for some suggestions:

3 Likes

Some of us old biker dudes, or wanna be biker dudes…LOL…wear a chest rig. Since my running days mite be over due to OA, I wear a serpa retention holster. Sometimes the chest rig.

2 Likes

Just ordered a ComfortTac belly band :grin:

Thanks for pointing me to the other posts!

5 Likes

@SKIdaho gets a good advice.
I start thinking about chest holster.
Actually my IWB/OWB hybrid needs harness only…

1 Like

When biking, I wear my usual IWB rig. I carry in the 4 o’clock position almost all the time anyway. Seems to be the most comfortable, when sporting a tactical dad bod.

3 Likes

Let us know how ComfortTac belly band works. I’m a wannabe biker :wink: and almost bought a belly band last week.

First time I’ve seen “tactical” and “dad bod” in the same sentence :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ill keep you posted! Nothing wrong with rocking that tactical dad bod :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m hard to kidnap.

3 Likes

I move my EDC firearm to my front handle bar pouch when mountain biking. It’s in the front slot next to my phone slot. It’s a smackeral closer to my hands and won’t rub on or restrict my body while riding.

I only ride in very rural areas so my only real encounter will be on 4 legs.

1 Like

I have the both the ComfortTac deep concealment (newest) and the 2.0. I have used these for mountain biking, hiking, jogging, and just to use with shorts that don’t allow me to use the alien gear IWB holster. I have never had a problem or concern of my gun not being secure.
I really like the deep concealment belly band. It holds my edc (PPS M2) safely, has a padded area over the trigger, and allows me to carry extra mags securely with the spare magazine pouch that was included. It has a larger velcro contact area and breathes as well as can be expected. I also like that I can also use it to carry my G2S that has a streamlight TLR-6. I have not been able to find a good kydex holster for that combo. I am a true 32" waist, and the medium size just fits!

4 Likes

I’ve used a fanny pack in the past. I think some have velcro for quicker access.

1 Like

I’d be curious for the bellyband feedback on the sweat factor. Does the belly band wick your sweat effectively? How is the weapon printing with run/cycle (albeit tac-dad) fabrics? Is it secure enough for basic running or are we talking parkour moves too?

2 Likes

Has anyone thought about using a hydration pack as a twofer? It may not be the easiest to draw from and you may need to do something to keep the weapon dry. But it wouldn’t look out of place at all.

1 Like

You might also want to look into this from Hill People Gear. It’s a runners kit bag. I have something similar for when I go hiking.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Hard to tell from the picture. Does it scream “tactical” at all?

1 Like

@BeanCounter sorry for not getting back to your question sooner but I’ve been away for a few days. I don’t have the runners kit bag so I cannot so for certain. The version that I do have is more tactical looking.

2 Likes