Creative ways to carry

I’ve seen a few topics discussing printing and carrying in active wear or tighter clothing. I suppose this is more geared to the women. I’ve found using a small crossbody bag or fanny pack for active wear works awesome and gives an attacker less access to your weapon. I do understand some men like fanny packs also. Instead of keeping my small shoulder cross body where it can be snatched with my gun inside, I’ve seen the same crossbody’s turned into fanny packs on social media and that is how I’ve been wearing my gun with tighter fitting clothing and it provides super easy access as a defender. If interested, I can provide the photo on how to transition a small crossbody purse into a dressy fannypack to store your gun.

9 Likes

I carry my Beretta model 85FS .380, on body in the 4:00 position in an IWB leather holster. In the summer time here in Arizona the temps are often over 100*F and less than 10% humidity, so I wear cargo shorts and a USCCA T-shirt, have had no problems with printing or accidentally exposing my concealed weapon. The T-shirts from USCCA have a longer tail and cover everything nicely without interfering with access and they are light enough to allow air to flow through and keep me cooler in the AZ dry heat. I would never carry off body in a bag or fanny pack. The extra second or two could be the difference between success or failure.

2 Likes

That’s understandable. And that is why I asked suggestions and opinions. But as a mother of 3, I have to be mindful of certain ways that I carry, depending how I dress and where I go. I prefer not to purse carry at all. So, for me; fanny pack or crossbody is the next best thing to a body holster. I have a few of those too. The right tactical style one works right for me personally. My husband and I used to cross carry our M-16 in the Army between 2008-2012, so it works well for us; depending on the clothing for that day.

7 Likes

If I wouldn’t look out of place in a Cowboy hat in mid WI. I would love to carry my .32 in a holster at the inside top of the hat.

4 Likes

Mmm… cant disagree. But if a second is making a difference, you likely have not been paying attention to whats around you.

8 Likes

So depending on firearm ( a great deal) unzipping fanny type bags & grasping a firearm would seem to be a problem to me as just to noticeable & inconvenient. A belly band type would appear to be better, quicker & very concelable.

For automotive carry, I have owned the Tactical Wilderness “Safepacker” for 17 years. It’s tough, durable and has thousands of miles on it. It fits directly on your lap belt portion of the driver’s or passenger’s restraint keeping your attention on the road and surroundings and preventing your sidearm from getting “trapped” in your carry holster under the restraint.

It also doubles as a between the mattress holster for those times on the road when you stop overnight at a roadhouse or hotel. I highly recommend one.

Stay safe out there.

4 Likes

I saved that link and joined the email list! Thank you.

1 Like

You are welcome @Jovan. My wife and I both use the SafePacker. It’s basically our car holster anytime we go out. It takes merely a second or two to deploy a firearm from the breakaway velcro opening. And, if you leave your vehicle to say, pump gasoline you can simply holster up once your restraint is removed. Leaving the SafePacker in place on your seatbelt.

It’s made of very sturdy materials. It reminds me of a Carhartt coat for my gun. It’s that well made.

Stay safe out there.

1 Like

Thank you and your husband for your service, @Jovan. I find it convenient to wear a belly band holster when I am in activewear. That allows me to switch from appendix carry to a 3-4:00 carry, depending on the activity. It also holds my firearm securely as I am running or playing with my daughter. Of course, it is not suitable if you are wearing a dress, but it can be a great option for activewear if you wear a loose top.

1 Like

Yw😊. Is there a particular one you prefer? I am considering women shaper wear for running. It would conceal better in active wear for me.

I would like a picture for my daughters please

1 Like

I currently have a ComforTac that I use and have had for about 2 years now… My wife has the Dene Adams brand and the Can Can Concealment.

2 Likes

Thank you! I also have a that band as well and will work on some other styles to have something more secure when need be. I will check out the other brand also.

This does not have a zipper, only sealing by button and its very solid. I also keep my safety on the weapon. I use this carry periodically for church. It is not my preference, as I like a blazer much better with my ComforTac band for under arm carry. But I’d rather do this then a shoulder purse carry that can be snatched easily with dressier clothing. Cabela’s/BassPro sells the cross body carry bags. Crossbody carry has also been getting popular on social media, as I see more brands selling it.

3 Likes

Armed and Styled on Youtube has several videos on the Phlster Enigma which looks like a bellyband/kydex hybrid. She shows wearing it in a couple different scenarios including jogging and practicing juijitsu (I don’t think they’re all in this video).

For the fannypack/waistpack crowd, that is a growing trend. They definitely don’t look like your grandpa’s fanny pack anymore. I like them because I can carry more “stuff” without loading down my pockets and I don’t look like I’ve just “given up” :rofl:

@Jovan I posted a ton of links over in this thread from a lot of female youtube/instagram and they might give you some inspiration or ideas on alternative carries.

2 Likes

I’m super excited to review those links! In today’s uncertainty, you MUST have an innovative way to do certain things. This was all I was stating, especially women. We must defend ourselves and our families. No one is going to do it and most don’t care too!

My husband’s fitness trainer is an avid pro2A powerlifter and introduced us to the tactical fannypack. I’ve seen multiple crosscarry options at Cabela’s and online.

Galco makes a nice Fanny pack. I have no problem wearing it. Ya can’t even see it with my shirt untucked.

1 Like

I used an Uncle Mike’s belt pouch for quite a while when I lived in a restrictive state. The fanny pack was useful in places like amusement parks, before they wanted/searched everybody. Pocket carry was another option (which obviously tends to limit the size of the weapon).

2 Likes