Does your spouse actually LIKE that you carry daily?

Or do they merely tolerate your position and feelings on these things?

My wife likes it when I do, which is way better than if she didn’t agree with it.

Just wondering about others…?

8 Likes

My mrs carries daily, always. In fact the other day, due to my work and sometimes I do not carry, we went to crostco, she noticed I didn’t have my carry, chided me a bit.(could have been something like …whiskey tango foxtrot) We are getting into reloading, so last night I de primed give or take 1000 shells, and the mrs was extremely interested in the procedure. She wants to learn more as we progress into that frolic.

8 Likes

My wife strongly supports my 24/7 approach. We had an incident while camping in California about 25 years ago. I wasn’t armed because I was trying to comply with CA law. I had to convince a carload of predators that we were lousy victims and it just wasn’t worth it. We came through just fine. But, a family in a nearby campground were badly beaten and robbed. Ever since, she’s been a huge supporter of concealed carry. Also, we avoid places where I can’t legally carry.

11 Likes

My wife always strongly supported me carrying. When breast cancer showed up
she was even more over the top glad I carried. Never wanted to put us in a position
like Carl11 was in. Like Carl, if they didn’t allow you to carry we did not shop there.
Thank you for the question Glock27ccw. Keep your head on a swivel, carry and
be safe. Mike_T

7 Likes

One of our closest, and one of the first firearm instructors we had years ago, told a story that he had an encounter with the a carload of perps as carl11. As he was able to get away in his car, he accidently (or not) ran over one of the perps. When he called into 911, he told the story, and the operator asked him if one of the perps was dead. He responded “I hope so”. That was the beginning, many years ago, of his carry days. This fellow and his wife are excellent instructors, and veterans. “Keep your head on a swivel.”

5 Likes

My wife’s family introduced me to conceal carry. My wife has told me she feels more comfortable when I carry. She is definitely happy we have a means to defend ourself, and she is very supportive of money spent going to the range, ammo, gear (I’m not unreasonable about what I spend either). She actually has her own carry gun, and CC license, but she chooses not to carry, and I don’t push her. I’m happy she knows how the guns work. I am very fortunate in many ways, and this is one of them. I don’t know if I would have ever gotten into firearms if her and her family didn’t encourage it. Now that we have our first child, I’m more motivated than ever to carry.

8 Likes

Initially, she tolerated but after 12/19/18 she is very glad I do. She has her own license and hanging but isn’t comfortable carrying it.

7 Likes

My wife tolerates it. When I acquired my Glock 43X and started carrying that plus my Glock 43, she put up a little bit of a fuss.

7 Likes

No spouse[anymore]

But my ex wife and ex-girlfriend liked that I did.

Leah even carried her self.

She recently messaged me and showed me a new firearm she gotten. Was impressed! She took notes :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

My GF carries herself, so yes. She also reloads too. Plus shoots 3gun. :smiley:

9 Likes

My GF likes it, although it is last option for me after pepper spray. She says that she’s going for her CCL, but nothing yet…

7 Likes

My wife does not mind if I carry because she feels safer. She always tells me it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

6 Likes

My name is John and I am from Chesapeake, VA. I am a retired NYPD Detective and was assigned to the Firearms Analysis Section in the position of firearms examiner. I was assigned to work at the Staten Island Landfill after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Since retiring in July of 2004 I have been doing armed and unarmed security work. My hobbies are fishing, range time, watching my favorite people doing gun reviews on YouTube and watching movies. I been married for 15 years with my beautiful wife Star. My hope is to learn more from the people in the community and get involved with discussions.

10 Likes

Hi John

Sounds like you have a lot of background information and LEO experience to be a valuable addition here.

Welcome!

4 Likes

Thanks for the great welcome and hopefully I can be of help.

3 Likes

Nancy carries also. We met 8 years ago our first date was to a sand pit to shoot, as she expressed an to get back into shooting. After a couple of of times out she bought her own pistol and applied for her CCW permit. So life is good. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :wink:

7 Likes

She wants me to carry, but she never wants to see the gun. And she doesn’t like it when I spend money on more guns. :wink:

7 Likes

Yes/no. She was never fond of me carrying at the movies but now all of a sudden she wants me to carry when we walk the dogs but she won’t… She eve had me stash a rifle for quick access.

Honestly, if someone comes up the hill to our house, they are really bored or ambitious. There are so many other places to hit first…

4 Likes

It goes both ways. She likes it that I do and I like it that she does.

I’m pretty sure with my training she likes it a lot more. When we travel I know she feels better about everything. I live in the yellow so she and my daughter can live in the white.

Fun question @Glock27ccw :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well said.

6 Likes