Do you own any firearm that you have not shot?

Yes, but with regard to this one, not for long. Looking forward to getting out on the range and trying it. I’ve wanted a rig like this since I was 4 years old. I’ve been walking around the house, new leather squeaking, since the belt & holster arrived this afternoon.

.45 Colt Bisley reproduction

8 Likes

That looks sweet @Alces_Americanus :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I inherited a very old double barrel shotgun from my grandfather. It had been stored in a metal garden shed wrapped in newspaper for about 30 years, The wood looks rough, the barrels are pitted, the lever to release the action is very loose. I think it is a 12 gauge and I did find “WM Moore & Co” and “Cast Steel” on it, nothing else. It has exposed hammers (it came with three, none match) but the triggers and action does not work. They found it when they were cleaning out the estate. it was headed for the trash bin, but I cabbaged onto it. I cleaned it up, oiled it up and hung it over the fireplace. I did have it looked at for restoration, the the cost of that was astronomical and about 2/3rd of it would need replaced to be safe. I will never restore it and will ever attempt to fire it. But I will also never part with it, it will go to my eldest sone when I die. Everything else I have shot at least one outing a year.

5 Likes

Thanks. It just feels so… classic.

2 Likes

Any chance for a pic or two? Sounds cool.

3 Likes

And that would be why I I banned him. What… I can’t see or hear you. :slightly_smiling_face:
If I don’t mind, you don’t matter. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Dat no be Bisley.

I am not an expert, but it appears to look like one to me.

3 Likes

I am mistaken.

2 Likes

Yes, yes you are.

2 Likes

Yes i have several firearms i have not shot and are pampered safe queens. My safe queens are either family heirloom hand me diwns or were gifts from family that i want to cherish after they are gone. I have plenty if work firearms, these safe queens will get passed down to my children and grandchildren.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’ll never be able to fire this one. But the previous owner shot it at least 3 times before dropping it. Sure would like to know the story behind why they didn’t have a chance to fire the last 3 loaded rounds.

7 Likes

Find a good range with instructors and the world is yours. Watch Videos here for basic gun safety and manners at the range. And if you go to the range and it dont feel right then dont shoot. Your gut will tell you.

2 Likes

I own 2 rifles that I have not shot. The first is a Savage bolt action in .243 Winchester and the other is an AR15. The reason that they have not been fired yet is the difficulty in obtaining ammunition family situations. They will be fired soon.

2 Likes

If only She could talk. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I recently won a Savage 110 in .243 Winchester (Can’t win the multi mil lottery). It is gathering dust right now because I can’t find .243 ammo. I also have an AR15 that I haven’t fired yet. Next trip to the range it will be.
I am a lever action fan and I’m thinking about about getting either a Henry in 45-70 or the new Marlin, in the same caliber. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Both seem pretty good, I’ve had my eye on a Marlin 45-70 guide gun for several years.

3 Likes

I used to have a Springfield trap door in 45-70. I gave it to my grandson (now a Marine) as a Christmas present. Kinda wish I hadn’t done that.

3 Likes

I purchased this Tokarev 12 gauge Bullpup and have not shot it yet. I intend too just haven’t found the time.

4 Likes

You have to make the time.

3 Likes