Do you own any firearm that you have not shot?

I have a Savage 300 that my brother gave me that I have not shot yet. I have been looking up information about it and have not bought any ammo for it yet. Seems ashamed not to but, it means a lot to me. I will be shooting it. I just have not got around to it yet.

1 Like

Good one @Scott52 :+1::+1:

2 Likes

My great-grand father’s muzzle-loading double barrel shotgun.

4 Likes

Just imagine what he must be able to do with a cue ball. :rofl:

3 Likes

I have a New England Arms 20 gauge single shot which I inherited. Among the ten guns I own it’s the only one I haven’t had the opportunity to shoot. The range I recently joined allows shotguns, so hopefully soon. I’ve even shot the Hardballer Long Slide I inherited in the same collection.

2 Likes

When my Dad passed away, I got his 30-30 and a 20 Gauge shotgun, I have not shot the 20 gauge.

2 Likes

If it’s safe to do so, it’s worth firing. Find someone who knows how they work so you can get it inspected and operate it safely. Shooting a musket is like driving a Model T; you think you know what you’re doing because it looks very familiar, but none of the pedals on the floor are the gas.

If it’s not safe to fire, those people who know how they work will probably let you fire theirs, because everyone likes to share their addictions. Then you’ll have a better appreciation of the heirloom that you have.

3 Likes

I have 2 that i have never shot before, hope to take 1 to the range tomorrow, the Mark 4 Tactical.

The other, im waiting for spring sonits dry enough to access a long enough shooting area.

The indoor range wont allow me to shoot it there (for good reason) 50BMG with a Noreen ULR50

3 Likes

Yes 2 of them, a S&W model 29-10 44mag that I bought in 2007 and a SDS Imports Zigana PX9 that I bought last year around black friday because it was a deal for $300.00 shipped.

4 Likes

I have a few of them in the safe that I’ve never shot. G48MOS, Bergara HMR-14 pro, Benelli SBE3 in walnut, and a Beretta A400 xtreme. One that isn’t brand new but I’ve never shot, although it has been used in WW2 and my grandpa brought it back, is a nambu type 14.

3 Likes

Those are some nice pieces of hardware brother @Adam34 :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @Johnnyq60! Much appreciated.

4 Likes

No!!! And I never will. Fire arms are like Women, they need lots of attention. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yep, I have two. The first one my father in law was given when he retired. He was given a .44 magnum he retired from the military.
And the second is a Kimber 300 win. mag. I’m saving up for the right scope.

4 Likes

Very nice

2 Likes

Thanks @Lu-Can!

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Yes. I bought a pristine Ruger Mark I several years ago and haven’t shot it yet. It’s on my “to do” list though! :rofl:

3 Likes

So do firearms.

1 Like

… and Grammar Nazis.

2 Likes