Conceal carry and dating

I’ve kept quiet on this one for a while… Being back in the dating pool, it’s a totally different ballgame as a woman. Men don’t always react positively when I carry.

So if someone I know sets me up, I make sure they mention that I’m an instructor or that I carry. I’ve done the dating site thing - YUCK - but in the current world it’s one of the only other ways to meet people besides a friend of a friend. Be honest about who you are without beating someone over the head with it. A good picture of you at the range mixed in with other pictures can open the conversation without it being a surprise or in any way confrontational.

It’s an important conversation, but not one that has to be too stressed over. Just like everything else, people have hugely varying opinions.

4 Likes

I think we can convert this thread into “meme version”… I don’t believe the original problem is valid anymore.

A_20200908_08

1 Like

It’s been 3 weeks of me and her talking and she’s very interested in meeting up with me and getting to know me. I think she’s just nervous to meet me for the first time and get a gun in the mix or what not, until she feels more comfortable with me.

This may or may not work out. But she’s very interested.

2 Likes

Well, here’s to the best for you two! If it doesn’t work out, follow all the advice, because there will be a better woman.

1 Like

Really? If i’m not being too :nose:y… what type of reactions does that get? I can’t imagine anything other than “YES!”

2 Likes

I won’t share some of the comments because they’re not very PG. Some are intimidated by the fact I carry. Some think I’m trying to be macho or “compensate”… Some are intrigued but then get upset when I take them shooting and outshoot them. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I think it’s easier for male to accept carrying woman than vice versa…

A_20200908_11

2 Likes

Dawn, I am 63, my wife is aaa-aaa 29, again… married 33 years (wow! that sounds kinda bad) and I think she is sexy with that firearm on her side… also when she is driving my Ram pick up…she is an empowered woman and that can scare some men.

3 Likes

That’s just too dang funny.

4 Likes

I’ve gotta say, I was exceptionally proud of my wife’s performance when we qualified for our CCW. She definitely out-shot me. Her grouping was so good, they couldn’t actually count her individual hits. Her instructor told her “You want to keep the bad guys away? Tape that [qualification test] target to your front door.” :laughing:

5 Likes

Rather timely…

3 Likes

Well. Another one bites the dust. On to the next.

5 Likes

She seem to be looking for an excuse but was too scared to tell you up front. When i date someone i never tell them i’m carrying right away. The topic never comes up until we become intimate and they happen to discover i’m carrying. I have never had anyone freak out on me when they discover that i’m carrying. If they are getting that close to you to find out you have a gun they already made their mind up about you and feel safe being close to you. It wasn’t the gun carrying that was the issue. Sounds like you need to slow down and maybe try not texting or calling her so much. Let her contact you. if you haven’t already blew it. Calling and texting her is a sign that you are way too needy. If some chance she calls or text you just set up the next date and get off the phone. Also stop talking about guns so much keep the conversation pleasant. Save that stuff when you and her are an item.

5 Likes

You mean I should wait a little while before I say ‘wanna see my gun…’?

4 Likes

No, no… don’t wait… tell her right away… Hopefully she is gonna show you her holster…

3 Likes

Hope it isnt kydex. Soft is better for a holster…

4 Likes

yeah… there is nothing better than nice, smooth, soft leather !

3 Likes

You are one crazy/funny???:joy::joy:

3 Likes