What would you do: First Date?

You’re on a first date - and it’s gone very well. You walk her to her car and give her a hug, not wanting to be that creepy over-affectionate-on-the-first-date guy. Your hand is on her back, just above her waist and you feel something hard on her back…

What would you do?

16 Likes

I never show to much affection on the first date and don’t kiss on the first date either[Proper & about manners. But you are right…don’t wanna be a creep either because she may not want a second date].

ANSWER: Sorry for my typical rabbit trail & non-relevant info :sweat_smile:
I would ask her to consider a second date @ range with me.

4 Likes

Ask her if she’d like to have a “casual date” and go to the gun range. Or, invite her over to watch Tombstone and/or John Wick.

8 Likes

Actually I would ask the person if they would want to go to a range for the next date, and I would be happy they care about their own safety enough to have a way to defend themselves the way society is getting. That is why I encouraged my current boyfriend to take a firearm safety class and get the ccw permit, because that way if he is out by himself he has a way to defend himself. I will protect him with my life, but I can only do that if we are constantly together which is my ultimate goal but I don’t know anyone who is together 24 hours a day.

10 Likes

Nothing at the moment… it can be discussed on next date.
I’ll have a time to think about this…
…perhaps she is wearing lumbar decompression back brace? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
But I’d be happy if she carries :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Let’s say you can obviously tell it’s a firearm. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still wouldn’t do anything till next date.

UPDATE:
It’s easy for me to find the best tactics :wink: I still remember my first date and I know exactly what to do and what NOT to do before, during and after :yum:
Now I’m very, very, very […] very happy and lucky husband and father :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Actually when I was looking to date someone I usually would have to let the person know if we had any interest in each other because of where I carry… umm it would be difficult not too… it would be kinda awkward to mention it like after the fact…

2 Likes

Nothing unless I’ve reason to suspect that she’s bi-polar.
With my luck, she’d be bi-polar.
In which case I’d avoid anything that could trigger it
If she isn’t bi-polar I’d suggest going on a date night at a range.
If she is bi-polar, I’d move on quickly.

4 Likes

Maybe not the best choice but a few years ago. Long distance to a degree, I drove 130 miles. Met, had lunch, and then drove out to the middle of nowhere and went shooting (she had never gone shooting before). She loved my AR15.

I carry on every outing and if I ever went on a date with a woman who also is also carrying, that would be the sign… Especially since I live in more of “liberal” anti-gun area.

8 Likes

What number base is finding out what kind of gun she is packing? :smile:

Seriously, I wouldn’t say anything but consider it a plus for asking for a second date.

4 Likes

And if the relationship blossoms

15 Likes

Id be happy and impressed. Definitely second date material.

5 Likes

I’m going to lead with don’t try this at home, this post was made by professionals on a closed course. No animals were harmed during the making of this post. No funds were accepted for Tobacco products and no :sailboat: were sunk.

I’ve been married for 29 years. With the same woman for 30. I’m fairly certain I don’t even know how to date.

11 Likes

I’m so glad I’m happily married… dating sucks. To be honest, my wife is the one that made me open to carrying. Her family introduced me to handguns and conceal carry. She’s super supportive of my range time. She knows I do it for fun, but she also sees it as practical training.

Woman should carry, especially with dating. Honestly, a few years ago this would have been strange to me, but I think it’s a very smart move. I agree with the above posts, that’s an intimate hug for a first date, but I’ve never been a touchy person.

3 Likes

I would have to ask what she is carrying, and when are we going to the range? :grinning:

3 Likes

“I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

Are you still talking about guns, aren’t you? :wink:

6 Likes

I haven’t been on a date with anyone other than my wife in so long I don’t even know what the proper protocol is. Of course its about guns. :sunglasses:

Walks away humming This is my rifle. This is my gun… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

First of all (and I realize we’re living in different times), I think it brings a strange sex appeal to the encounter.

Secondly, it demonstrates that person’s seriousness about personal protection. If they are carrying legally and have gone through what is required, according their states’ law, submitted to background investigation in order to demonstrate their commitment to responsible citizenship, that person ought to be regarded and taken seriously. No pun intended otherwise.

Thirdly, I’d definitely want another date, not necessarily to a gun range, but to genuinely just be with that person. Take the time to understand why they feel and live the need to carry, so to better understand your support role.

I’ve been in this situation, and I would do it better if given another opportunity; not that I handled it wrongly the first time; I’m just older now. A little more savvy and charisma ensues.

3 Likes