All things Glock

:joy: follow the thread…
You explained the difference. All was good.
Today people started adding their thoughts… actually messing everything in my mind… I know all these are easy to understand for Glockers, but not for me.
The thing is that I needed clear vision to see “19x vs. 45” but it was mixed today with all other G numbers :scream:

I’ve just skipped not needed info and got what I wanted. Thx again for clarification. :+1:

3 Likes

@Jerzees no problem

1 Like

Now I am confused. I thought the 19 had a smaller grip frame than the G17… Or is the G19 different than the G19X?

I like my Glock, but dang the numbers can get confusing!

2 Likes

2 Likes

In simplified terms the 19x has the grip of a G17 and the slide of a G 19, it’s basically the equivalent of the Colt Commander 1911.

3 Likes

So, the 19X and 45 are the same thing, the 19X just uses different mag plates?

2 Likes

Yes :joy::rofl:. The differences are negligible.

Though that lanyard loop is a huge and rare commodity :crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

Are you using it to hang home keys? :wink:

4 Likes

OK, one more question here for the Glock experts… What holsters fit the G45? I assumed a g19 holster would fit it, but it did not. Since the G45 is kinda new, what works?

I have found a guy to make me a nice holster for it, but it will be next month before it is ready, and I am contemplating options on it. Looking for something easy to find

1 Like

Really? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I figured the same.

I special ordered one for the 19x myself, but like you it will be a few weeks. I almost special ordered a 17 holster (I like more length in the holster for AIWB) :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Amazon offers a Glock tool kit too.

2 Likes

I am a long-time fan of Glock pistols. These got added to my old shop’s approval list in 1994 (along with the 40 S&W caliber), and we haven’t looked back. Glocks work. VERY WELL. Ugly as a mud fence, but as reliable as a friendly Lab retriever. Homely is as homely does, AFAIC. My EDC is a Glock 23.

3 Likes

A Gen5 Glock 19 holster will fit the 19 and 45.

5 Likes

Hmm, well, it said G19, not gen 5 G19… One of the reasons I don’t like holsters that supposedly fit several gun models.

2 Likes

Was it the ambi slide release causing the issue?

Fits G19, 19X, 19+, and G45😁

3 Likes

CZ fits everywhere… :muscle:

White? Wheat? With cheese and garlic? :thinking: :wink:

2 Likes

My Holster, like My Pillow, just different🤣

2 Likes

That is great, can also be a back up snack. But, I am not left handed. :grinning:

2 Likes

If you are asking me, no, it was not the slide release. The retention strap would not close even without the beavertail grip. With the smaller beavertail grip, not even close to fitting.

2 Likes