All things Glock

My G45 is probably the smoothest shooting Glock I own as well. I think the G45 is probably the Best all around Glock ever made to date.

1 Like

There is a small too available to make it much easier to remove the magazine base. Glockmeister.com has them for about twenty dollars.

I bought my first Glock about 10 years ago. A model 31. After getting a custom trigger job, it shoots great. I have tried several aftermarket button rifled barrels so I can shoot hard cast lead. KKM is the best I have found so far. I have bought and tried many Glock models, the ones that stayed are the Model 31, 41, and 17. The 17 has been converted to a Timberwolf with KKM barrel and custom slide and trigger. All have that KKM barrel and assorted custom triggers. Glocks are ugly critters, but they function and work great.

Glocks are European. Instead of a sight picture of the bullseye on top of the front sight, like Americans shoot, they cover the bullseye with the front sight. That may help.

I have quite an assortment of handguns in different brand and calibers. The three brands I have the most models of are Glock, FN, and Smith and Wesson. They are all good. The Glocks are easy to shoot, simple, and parts are easy to get and they are easy to work on. What’s not to like?

1 Like

The G45 carries 2 more rounds in the mag than the G19, and the grip is longer because of that. For the one half inch longer barrel, I just carry a G17.

1 Like

Looks like you are in the wrong post, this one is about Glocks. I own many brands, revolvers, autos, etc., but this discussion is about Glocks. I hope that clears up your confusion

1 Like

GlockStore makes a tool that removes bases very slick.

I started customizing a new G17 and a new G31. The project evolved through three or four phases as I tried all kinds of stuff and different brands. What I ended up with was two full size Timberwolf frames from Lone Wolf Distributers, customized slides from LWD slide configurator option, and the upper and lower kits from LWD. They also have the stainless and titanium recoil spring assemblies. The lower kit comes with an adjustable custom trigger assembly. I opted to not use those, in favor of the Apex trigger and connector with safety plunger package. I topped the slide with Meprolight night sights. I went to the range Saturday and broke in the G17 Timberwolf. It is superb. Not better or worse than a Glock, just a cool little pistol.

1 Like

… thx… the question was about G19x :wink:

1 Like

The 19x is better. It comes with a lanyard loop!

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess it’s better… it comes with “X” in the name :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a “+” sign turned the wrong way😉

1 Like

Well the X holds 2-4 rds more than the 19 depending on which mag you want to run😉

2 Likes

OK guys… right now I’m really confused…

Let me ask again:

What is the actual difference between G19x and G45?

Nothing else, no G17, no G19, no all other G-numbers… just 19x vs. 45 :pray:

2 Likes

45 - forward slide serrations , takes gen 5 mags (has more compatible mags than 19X), comes with plastic stock plastic sights, comes with 3 17 round mags.

19x- lanyard loop, doesn’t take gen 5 mags, comes stock with steal night sights, is the color of peanut butter, I believe the 19x also has some kind of “hydrolocking system” to be better in water (it was the gun sent to compete for the military handgun contract). (Edit: Maritime Cups in the Firing pin) Comes with 2-19 round mags and 1 17. .

Both are the same dimensions, and share the same features as the gen 5s.

The differences are negligible IMO. I know @americanwolfman has experience with both though.

I think the military contract gun is just really cool :man_shrugging:t2:. They’re both Glocks! And all the Glocks are pretty much Glocks :joy:.

5 Likes

I posted the main differences above 5 days ago, @Scoutbob just mentioned the only real internal difference, with that being the addition of the maritime spring cups on the G19x. Both pistols for all intents and purposes are the same, the 19x ships with 1 17rd and 2 19rd magazines and the G45 ships with 3 17rd magazines.

3 Likes

I think I found my next carry pistol when it comes Stateside, my wife is gonna do things to me over this.

Glock has released the Gen5 26 MOS.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: Yes, you did… :handshake: And everything was clear till today… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Well what exactly changed? I’m hoping to be able to have you understand the difference.

1 Like