Would you die for America?

Or how I like to say, Are you willing to put your life on the line for America?
I watch this video and I wondered what others would think of this.

60 Likes

I am blessed to be an AMERICAN. America is not a perfect country but I have been given a lot of opportunities to progress here in the USA. So to answer the question YES I would die for my country. I agree with what John Lovell stated regarding his oath to protect the constitution of the US. I would be willing to die if it meant protecting my rights as a US citizen. If you asked me would I die to protect a crooked government, ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY NO.

38 Likes

Why not? Planning to live forever, or something?

8 Likes

Would I die for the Country? Simple answer - NO. But only because the question is wrong.
From the very beginning, whenever I was able to think by myself, I’ve been taught and prepared to die for protecting my Country, protecting my Family, protecting anything I believe in.

17 Likes

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”

• LTG George S. Patton
35 Likes

35 Likes

Yes absolutely. I as well as many other brothers and sisters out there swore an oath in some cases many years ago. My term of service may be finish but my oath had no expiration. Our soldiers out there get involved. I would help! I dont care if its dumping their trash or what ever they need to help them do their jobs with minimum drag. :us: :us: :us: :us: :us:

14 Likes

I like the question of, Are you willing to put your life on the line for America? As a tactician, it is your purpose to achieve the mission and preserve the team. Your mission has a purpose and value to an outcome. A good tactic has a clear purpose that aids your strategy. A Tactic has a finite timeline during which specific activities will be completed and their impacts measured. To die would defeat the purpose!

10 Likes

I’ve made that oath several times. I signed a blank check and that oath has never been rescinded. Freedom isn’t free. It’s paid for with blood.

27 Likes

Depends on the “why.” If we were attacked in our country, then absolutely. If we’re going to war overseas, then it would depend on why we’re at war. If it’s not to protect ourselves, then no.

7 Likes

Service members don’t get a veto based on “why” we went to war.
Some have tried. There’s a special place in Kansas for them.

8 Likes

This country sure could use another man like General George S. Patton in this day and age.

25 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Jeff149 and God bless you.

5 Likes

Thank You

4 Likes

I served in the Army and discharged 2012. AGREED!

But again…not for a corrupt govt.

13 Likes

Thought I was headed there in 89’. Dodged that bullet.

5 Likes

If I think I’m going to win, yes. If it appears suicidal, no.

2 Likes

That’s not the way it works.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Jeff149 , glad you could join us.

1 Like

To die for this country? No. The reason I had joined the service to because I was and still is willing to die for what I truly believed this country stood for and what it still could become. A country which should honor the constitutional rights which are for all mankind. For the freedom of family, friends and mankind, will always be willing to put my life on the line.

24 Likes