Window Stickers Intel

I don’t have any stickers on my car, period. I love my car too much :rofl:

That said I completely understand and respect your reasons for not advertising yourself to all the haters, especially in this day and age.

I do proudly wear pro gun and pro America T Shirts in public. I had a young lady spit on me one day while I was wearing a Molon Labe TShirt. It has a massive Gadsen Snake wrapped around an AR15. I’m sure that’s what set her salivary gland into a frenzy. I was carrying my XD 40 at the time. Had she known that she may have held it in, who knows. As much as I wanted to tell her what an idiot she was I just smiled and told her that she’s lucky it was me and not some crazed lunatic with a gun that she just spit on. Then I told her there were plenty of communist countries she could move to. Then, I laughed. She’s balled a fist like she was going to punch me and I said “I would not advise that. Matter of fact it’s best to quit while you’re ahead.” She called me an expletive, which being a Navy Veteran did not offend me in the least, and stormed off.

The anger in people today (hate may be a better word) amazes me at times. I actually felt sorry for her. She looked to be college age. That’s a lot of life left to carry so much hate.

9 Likes

Depending on the state, she could have been charged with assault or other crime, as bodily fluids could carry diseases. Unfortunately, you would have definitely been charged with a crime if you physically defended yourself from her assault.

5 Likes

You have a strong valid point as much as I like the stickers to I don’t put them on my car or on my motorcycle I get tempted to do that but like u said you do have a strong valid point you don’t want the bad guys knowing this info not that any of the bad guys would know what that means anyway

5 Likes

@Michael542 Good job with self-control. I fear that someone spitting on me would elicit a 911 call for my being assaulted.
Shame on her!
But, again,great job dealing with that BS. Many ppl would come unglued over such.

5 Likes

I have a US Navy retired sticker & a blue stripe American flag indicating I support LEO. No worries at all

4 Likes

@Ruger9 I do have a United States Air Force sticker, and a Desert Storm Veteran sticker. That’s it though. People can come to watever conclusions they wish about those, and my disabled veteran plate…

6 Likes

I have just one sticker on my truck rear window, which is kayak related. My casual kick-around/yard-work/fishing/gun range ballcap gets 2A/ Gadsden-type patches rotated on it via velcro backing. My “go-to-town” ballcap has an American Flag on it. My truck does have a state-issued retired veteran plate on the rear bumper, and retired Navy vanity plate on the front. People will just have to deal with it if those offend them. Thankfully, we live in a pro-America, pro-Veteran, low crime area…but I still carry.

5 Likes

More clothing related but this is a good video about why not to wear “tactical” clothing and look like the most dangerous person in the room. I play a little game in Walmart now where I notice the shirt and then look for the printing.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and carry on.

2 Likes

@Barry25 Welcome 1st off, glad to have u aboard :smile:

That video actually almost totally summed up wat I attempted to say, but much more eloquently.

I’m def not opposed to ppl putting on gun stickers, tactical clothing, whatever, but in my journey I’m at a point where I simply want to blend. However, as this guy aptly points out, by my demeanor, the “look” in my eyes, how I move, awareness, etc., I believe most potential attackers would look for someone else. As much as I love some things or brands, I simply dont wanna stick out in a crowd, big or small. That’s my personal tactical strategy…

4 Likes

Car stays clear of any stickers or decal of any kind but i do wear alot of pro gun shirts

2 Likes

I agree with you, don’t advertise. The only thing on my person or my vehicle that says I have a gun is my gun on my right hip.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

I must admit that I still display my Army hoo-haa stickers on the back window. Not smart I know, but a part of me thinks it might deter some out there from messing with a Soldier and Iraq vet. At least that is what I tell myself. It very well may be a mistake of course.

4 Likes

On one hand, my mom’s american flag was stolen right after 9/11 … on the other hand, none my vehicles have never been broken into nor vandalized with or without stickers, and there are a LOT now (although I did take a bunch off)… also, now that I’m a certified instructor, I got magnets for my company to use on my vehicles for good advertising as an instructor.

4 Likes

I think I mentioned I have USAF and Desert Storm stickers on back window. That’s it. And I do believe most people simply expect me, the driver, to be a person whom behaves like a professional, with respect and courtesy to all, unless given reason to behave otherwise, in which case, yeh, they have a fight coming.

Thx for your Iraq service. I wish we’d have bombed them off the dang globe when I was there in '91.

3 Likes

Average Joe probably not, some criminals educate themselves, most don’t.

3 Likes

In 1999, I drove from NJ to MO for school. I got tired in Illinois and pulled off the highway. I parked in a parking lot and took a nap. I was awakened by the tapping of a gun barrel against my window. I showed my hands to the police officer and then slowly lowered my window. He informed me that he thought I was some gangbanger from New Jersey that was dumped in the parking lot. I laughed and left as soon as he gave me back my driver license. Later, I realized his story didn’t explain why he drew his weapon and pointed it at me. It sucks to feel afraid of the ones who are supposed to protect you.

4 Likes

Not only do those stickers alert criminals, and others, to the fact you own firearms but depending on the sticker, could be used against you in court if you had to use a firearm in defense. I have heard of several attorneys bringing up things like “protected by Smith & Wesson”, “Keep honking, I’m reloading” as items against the person. They claim such things are a sign the person is gun happy or looking for a reason. Such a shame that something as simple as a bumper sticker could be turned and used against you.

4 Likes

Sad indeed. And ludicrous. But, we who do things legally need to be aware of it.
I don’t randomly speak in public about everything I don’t like or agree with, so my car and clothes usually don’t either, unless I’m heading to the range lol

3 Likes