Why do Glocks get all the toys?

So, I’ve saved up to get a milled slide for my M&P 2.0 9C. There is just one problem. I can only find aftermarket, pre-milled slides for Glocks. For my M&P I would have to send my slide in, and it’s a 1-3 month turn around. Why do Glocks get all the toys?

That being said, just dropped $70 on a couple raffle tickets for a brand spankin new Trijicon 4x32 ACOG for my AR. Maybe I will get lucky?

3 Likes

Premilled glocks are pretty new to the market. I may be mistaken but I think it’s only a gen 5 option. All the others have to be sent in.

Glocks get toys cause glock are better. Lol

4 Likes

It’s a similar situation to the cellphone industry - you can find a lot of accessories for iPhones but it’s harder to find for some other manufacturers.

2 Likes

Dawn, I don’t follow your logic?! In the phone world, everyone knows iPhones are the best, so it stands to reason, the iPhone has more toys. In the gun world, everyone one knows Sigs are the best! :rofl:

4 Likes

Glocks Rock. That is why!!

2 Likes

OMG! I saw this pop up during a meeting I was in and tried very hard to not start laughing in the middle of my meeting! I love it, @Shepherd!

3 Likes

Simple numbers and economics. There are a “metric s**tload” (that’s a genuine unit of measurement) of Glocks on the market, and that’s not going to change anytime soon. Therefore, Glocks have a massive aftermarket of parts and accessories.

2 Likes

Ironically even with the Glock perfection motto and they’re on their 5th generation of perfection and you can add more to the perfection…

Still waiting for the Hollywood upgrade no reloads and no misses.

4 Likes

Hah i was venting my frustration in a facetious manner and you all went and topped it. Thanks for the laughs! :grin:

That being said, I really don’t want my EDC out of commission for upwards of 3 months. Gotta figure something out.

1 Like

It is the engineering of that type of firearm. You build a framed house and build it on 5 acers of ground. You start

with 1500 square feet and after 20 years, you nd your family have 10 times that size home. Glock is an investment

that keeps on giving and growing.

1 Like

Glock Perfection is why.
“Hey, I got a new Glock”
“Is it perfect?”
“Yeah! After the Wolf barrel, Apex trigger, Hogue grips, and Trijicon sights!”
:grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

I will admit that the whole “Glock Perfection” marketing slogan is both ridiculous and annoying lol. They need to drop that whole campaign.

3 Likes

Look into buying just a slide. Gun stays operating and the other gets milled.

1 Like

I sent my slide to battlewerx . It did take quite a while to get done because their recoating provider had some problems. It did come back perfect though! RMR fits like a glove!

1 Like

@Sheepdog556

Any suggestions where to look? I’m coming up dry in my searches. Is it too new to have surplus parts on the market yet?

1 Like

You can buy pre-milled slides from Brownells for older generation Glocks.

1 Like

Methinks that a)glocks are very popular and very easy to use and therefore the favorite for training novices. Then thats what they buy. It’s unfortunate because there some much better makes out there that are also safer like the Sig and the Kimber

1 Like

I emailed Smith and Wesson asking about a replacement slide I could purchase but I’ve not gotten a response. My guess is they don’t approve of aftermarket modifications.

3 Likes

You can blame law enforcement for making Clocks famous. But the real reason they get all the toys can be summed up by an old phrase. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

1 Like

Because glocks are the Chevy 350 of the gun world. There are so many out there, you could probably go to Antarctica and find some accessories.

2 Likes