Who wears a Nexbelt?

Before my first Defensive Shooting Fundamentals class I finally caved and bought a carry belt - the USCCA branded Nexbelt. I LOVE it! I wear it almost every day!

@KevinM talks about how Nexbelt has evolved:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/nexbelt-grows-up/

Do you wear a Nexbelt?

• Yes
  • No
  • I want to try one
  • I used to, but now I wear_______ (please put your preference below)

0 voters

1 Like

I want to try one definitely. Leather belts dig into my skin and buckle loosens on my 5.11 belt.

1 Like

I’ve been wearing my USCCA one for months. The only problem I had, was the retention screws backing out. Nexbelt sent me a brand new EDC buckle. Problem solved. And I’m rough on belts.

2 Likes

This is what I got. Love it. About to buy another for a spare.

2 Likes

@Dawn I saw Kevin’s latest Belt video, liked it, enjoyed it, maybe I would try it next year sometime. He talked about the ratcheting belt and I had to smile to myself. I have a cousin that had a ratcheting seatbelt years ago, well anyway she couldn’t figure out how to unbuckle this seatbelt so she sent her son into the drugstore to buy a scissors so she could cut herself out. :laughing::scream: I myself like leather belts I like the BullHide Belt Company, not much on Nylon belts maybe it’s because many years of military service I don’t know? But military belts are all Nylon as many of you know. I guess I just try to distance myself from those years of my life is all.

2 Likes

Ok, 2nd one is on the way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Get the bonded belts. Leather with nylon bonded on the backside. Best of both worlds.

4 Likes

I have several Nexbelts (different styles) and have given them as gifts. I REALLY like them and so have the recipients.

3 Likes

I laughed too because, although I knew “theoretically” how to release the belt, I darn near tourniqueted my lower half off before I got it to release. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve got two EDC belts (a black leather and a green nylon) and a plain brown leather belt for work (when I can’t carry; but I love that even the EDC are so inconspicuous!). Ingenious design - love em all. Waiting for my rewards to vest so I can get another buckle.

2 Likes

Yupp Terence isn’t it great? You know that old saying that you cannot pick your family…, etc. :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

I may have had to google how to release the belt the first time :innocent: :woman_shrugging: :rofl:

3 Likes

Didn’t we have a thread about this a few months back? I have worn a Kore, which is a very similar design, for over a year. My 2 main downsides to the Kore is that it needs a keeper of some sort for the end (they provide one), or tuck it under a loop if you have one. The other is that the track snapped in half one day. Since it is sewn in, the belt still works, just has a “bump” in it. Overall I have been happy with the Kore wearing some good sized guns too (1911, M9, etc).

Yes I keep thinking I should try out a Nexbelt next. :smiley:

1 Like

There was a topic about which belt you use a while back. :wink:

1 Like

I really like my Nexbelt. My carry rig isn’t real heavy so I haven’t experienced the need for a thicker one as Kevin was talking about in the latest video.

I have the USCCA logo buckle. My work uniform is a tucked shirt so the buckle is visible and has been noticed by a few people. Nice conversation starter.

The buckle did catch me for a few seconds the first time I wore it…who needs to read instructions?!

4 Likes

YEP had that experience - I do recommend people operate the belt off-body before actually putting it on and trying to operate it :laughing: That said, it’s the one I wear.

4 Likes

Mine will get a real test in a couple of weeks. Deer season brings out my 6 inch Ruger. It weighs 46 oz, unloaded. Add in a Buck 110 hunter and we find out if it’s really up to the task.

3 Likes

Do keep us informed!

2 Likes

Is that ____ joke? :laughing:

Edited for language. ~Dawn

Continuing the discussion from Who wears a Nexbelt?:

My local shop actually carries them and I have been using one for a little over a month and love it

4 Likes