EDC Ratcheting System Nextbelt

As I divulge myself into a world that I never would have considered being part of, I continue to find new to me things that I’m discovering by myself with experience from others.

The Marine/USCCA instructor/ police instructor/ range teacher at my local St Louis Range introduced me to an EDC belt he had displayed for the students in self defense pistol I. We were able to engage interactions with the belt as an example of what our hardware equipment of everyday carry should represent.

I was using a flimsy nylon weaved 5.11 belt that, did its job, but was no where close to what we were shown in the classroom setting. So I went online to hunt for my new hardware and it has arrived today. I was pretty pumped to get it on my person so fast that (here’s how I show my age) I tossed the box with the PS5 inside out of the way.

I recommend this sturdy , stout, stoic belt to carry all your edc equipment. My next self defense class is this Sunday and I’m probably going to be walking through the doors with my hips out. The belt is wearing me. Not the other way around.

5 Likes

Interesting design, how it latches. The tracks on the inside are plastic or nylon? Do you feel they will hold-up to the stress of a heavy firearm or get stripped easily? Not a bad price if it is durable. Welcome to the community.

1 Like

The inner red tracks are plastic. I believe it will hold its form for some time. It’s thick, sturdy, and rigidity could surprise you. It feels stiff to where I have a difficult time to want to bend the belt. Don’t recommend doing so.

2 Likes

Wearing a Nexbelt right now. It’s been my everyday belt for over a year. I had a minor problem with the buckle. Nexbelt sent me a new buckle. No problems after that. It even handles my 6 inch GP100 hunting rig.

5 Likes

I have one also (different buckle shape) that I’ve been wearing almost daily now for 5 (?) months.
Dave17 the ratchet mech is Very good. It has retained its shape and stiffness also.
I’ll be ordering another in a different color soon!

I should have mentioned Comfort, also. With the ratchet mech, one can fine tune the tightness. No more 1.5" increments! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I will keep it in mind next time I need a belt. I currently have a nice, thick leather belt that works very well. I barely notice the weight of the .45, even after an entire day.

2 Likes

Interesting belt.

Was looking at the Nexbelt online, and they had the EDC belt, but it looked a little different. Which model is this one?

Also, I have an older nylon belt, that is double width, so it is thicker and sturdier, but most I have seen since that company went out of business is single width, @Enzo_T has a 5.11 that is double width, and I found it online.

I also saw a review of the Nexbelt that shows it has held up well, though some stitching is fraying some, so it should last you for a while.

1 Like

I have been wearing a couple of them for several years now. Make sure to store it rolled up in the pouch so it will retain it’s shape. One of the reasons I have several, so I can swap them out, besides for style points.

There have been a few threads here on them, and you can get them with the USCCA logo in the shop too. Several had to get “help” after putting it on since they did not know how the release worked…

2 Likes

Have a good leather… .but the adjustments just not always as I want.

I had a good cotton web belt with open face buckle in the 80s… found a khaki one with gold buckle supporting the Marine Corps League, and it will work… but the double width nylon belt, is adjustable to the perfect fit… and is sturdy… but sadly the company is gone.

I will look at the Nexbelt EDC next, and may look at the 5.11 double width nylon.

1 Like

Love my nexbelt. For those that don’t know the length is so easy to adjust. I like it because different guns, different slacks, and maybe better food days (and bad ones) definitely change the “correct” size daily. The simple click system makes taking it in and out so fast. Once you experience it you will never go back to a buckle with defined holes while carrying an EDC. Such things as while sitting in a car you can instantly click it looser, and then when you get out of the car an instant tightening click makes it fit perfectly. You will find you adjust the quick click multiple times a day mostly based upon positioning as your day goes along. Comfortable as can be too.

3 Likes

Cool belt. I use a kore belt. A trick I’ve seen for people who appendix carry is moving the belt buckle to the side. (I don’t appendix carry, so it’s a non issue).

1 Like

Leather and cotton belts have never worked well for me because they stretch thought the day. Moisture from the body or even the air changes their shape/length and I find myself constantly adjusting, tugging and re-arranging. All of these are activities that just scream “He’s got a gun somewhere in there.” . With leather it must be an international conspiracy that places the holes everywhere BUT where I need them. Every hole is either too tight or too loose for me.

Because 5.11 makes a LOT of different belts I wanted to make sure I narrowed it down. This is the belt I wear and HIGHLY recommend. BTW as an added bonus it does not set off metal detectors so I don’t have to take it off when I go through one of those.

Like I said in another post I’m still working hard trying to wear out the first one I bought many years back and I wear the damn thing pretty much EVERY day! Hell it still looks and feels like new and it cost a whole $22.99 even if you buy directly from 5.11. They also have a 1.75" version if you prefer a wider belt.

2 Likes

Found it online. They do have several and I had to look at several before I found the one that ssaid double… there is one that looks just like it, but it is single width and not reversible. I was not sure about the quality and if it really was double width. I figure if you say it is good and it has lasted, that should be good.

The cotton belt was a military issue, and did not really stretch and allowed for tightening if needed, the same as the nylon, but the leather… I finally found one that had 8 holes for adjustments and it is better than most. The usual leather is thinner and only has 5 to 6 holes and are spaced too far apart to get a good fit, but the 8 hole is better… a lot of leather belts today are not the same as those I bought in the 70s or 80s… the quality is gone.

I am going to check on the 5.11, just need to verify the sizing, as online it says they tend to run small… and I am going to check the Nexbelt.

As far as ‘adjusting’, the older I get, the wider the mid section, I tend to adjust my belt and hitch up my pants a lot even on those rare occasions I do not carry around the house… or go to the courthouse… so with or without carrying, I will be adjusting, though it is less with a good belt like the nylon where I do not need to fit it in a hole…

Besides, around where I am, far too many carry both concealed and open to worry much about who is or is not.

Thanks for making sure which belt, as I did give you as a recommendation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a 511 belt I’m wearing right now and I’m liking it. It’s 1.75 and holds my EDC well. I’m liking the reviews on the NexBelt though. I may have my wife buy it for me on Christmas and try it out. After all I’m game for anything. I do like how it looks and the price is good also. It may be the best $60.00 you have ever spent.

I love my Nexbelt. Very sturdy, been using for several years appendix carry.I just slide the buckle to the side so as not to interfere with my weapon.

2 Likes

Yep. I never wear my buckle at 12 anymore. LOL! 12-1230 is reserved for my Glock now.

3 Likes

I just can’t do appendix. It’s 100% mental… cause 3:00 flags legal areas, but the family :gem: s… it’s intimidating.

2 Likes

I simply find it uncomfortable. But then, I have carried at the 3 to 5 oclock for decades, and some should holster… not a fan of small of the back either, somewhat uncomfortable.

But appendix… uncomfortable, both physically AND mentally. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Except they come from the same place that sent us the virus. CHINA… No thanks.

1 Like

Nexbelt has been my carry belt for several years now I have a few styles & colors I like that they have many styles & don’t look tactical. My .02 Mike

2 Likes