What would make your local gun store better?

There are times I’ve walked into my local gun store (which also happens to be a range) and thought, “I wish they had a fully automatic I could rent to shoot” or “I wish they had a larger selection of holsters.”

What do you wish your local gun store offered?

6 Likes

Coffee, lattes.

5 Likes

My place (The Bullet Ranch) outside of Columbus OH–has just about everything you could need.
great staff
full auto rental
pistol rental
coffee
couches to relax on
big screen TV
all the old shooting magazines you could imagine–there for the taking
class 3/NFA services
gunsmithing
trap shooting outside
And they’re next to a meat market.
What do they need–Maybe rooms for rent?

5 Likes

I wish ALL gun stores, not only mine offer every semi auto hangun model of major manufacturers…
Right now there’s no possibility to test the particular firearm without things like Shot Show or Demo Day…which happen not often or far away from home.

1 Like

I wish they had holsters I could try. I hate that I’ve had to buy so many holsters just to find out if they fit me… or not.

8 Likes

On their website, a list of guns they offer for rent, and also a wish list for what customers want them to have available for rent.

4 Likes

Im going to be that guy, closer prices to the big box stores…

5 Likes

These days, having guns in stock would be nice.

6 Likes

Me owning one?

We don’t have a LGS…

1 Like

When I think of “local” I think of family or privately owned. I know I pay a bit more but I would rather invest in my local economy when I can. Sometimes they cannot get what I need and I have no choice but to go to a large chain store or on the internet. But how many big chains or internet sales employees actually give you their personal cell numbers?
But to answer the question… my local gun store would be better if they could sell ammo cheaper than they do. They don’t really blame me when I tell them I buy bulk off the internet. Their prices cannot even come close to compete with the big boys.

4 Likes

A snack bar.

5 Likes

Buy one get 2 free deals

7 Likes

I love the way my food tastes when my hands are soiled with spent powder. :blush:

1 Like

Unfortunately, we don’t have a privately-owned gun store… There’s a Dunham’s Sporting goods store. The privately-owned store closed down some years back. So, I order online or travel 30-45 minutes away to visit a privately-owned gun store. Last month, I went to a favorite spot and the guy that had owned the privately-owned store in my town was working there.

I told him he had sold me my 1st handgun back in 2009. I asked what had happened to “Silver Bullet” and he said that he just decided to sell. Then, he sold me the Ruger SR22 that I drove 30 minutes for :grin:!

I said all that to say this… To improve my local gun store would mean we need one first, with a variety of offerings & an outdoor range would be nice. :100::v:t5:

1 Like

@Ouade5

I have to say I’m with @Ouade5 on this. I’m tired of trying to find a better holster online for my Glock 30. I’ve had to have their gunsmith make me a leather backed Kydex holster for every handgun I’ve bought.

None of the ranges in my area have quality holster selections.

2 Likes

@Ouade5 @Zavier_D

For IWB hybrid, I recommend Foxx holsters. I think they’re down right now with the covid but they make a crossbreed-quality (or higher) holster, for about $20 less.

I wish I could try fit better, in-store. Anyone notice nobody formally “buys back” or takes “trade in” holsters? I have a C&G complete Kydex fitted for the Sig P938 that I wore 1 day and decided I didn’t like, that I’m now stuck with for $50.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you would call it, but essentially a paid membership to a club, or a corporation maybe for legal purposes, where its members could take home and carry, shoot, or whatever the gun or accessory of their choice. After a day, week, or month it could be exchanged for another gun, holster, or whatever that they had available. The details could be worked out but think about the possibilities.
Tired of 9mm, go FiveSeven for a little while, tried FiveSeven and over it now… how about a .380 to see if the wife would really like it or not…and on and on.

2 Likes

League shooting. Different events, prizes, etc. Could be free for bragging rights or buy-in for prizes.

6 Likes

I have 3 gun stores within 10 miles, I have a gun range within 3 miles, but none carry reloading supplies!

Larry

1 Like

First, is I wish they would have up-to-date inventory online. I would like to know if you actually have the whizbang3000 without me having to drive over just to find out you need to order it.

Second, is consistent pricing. I realize that they need to markup on some items for profit, but just add 20% across the board. I see some items are close to online-retail prices and other items are darn near double or triple the price. I will never buy for 2x/3x the price.

Third, is more competitive pricing on ammo. Pre-COVID a box of 9mm was $9 online and $15 in the store. If that box was $10 or maybe even $11 i would probably stop by more frequently just to pick up a couple boxes because maybe I dont feel like giving the UPS guy a hernia delivering my ammo in bulk. And if I stop by more often, maybe I also pick up some accessories or other window shopping.

3 Likes