What would make your local gun store better?

Unfortunately, the shopes around me, carry limited inventory. I always hear well we can order it for you…
I understand carrying an inventory especially firearms is expensive! Yet so is running a car/truck dealership.
If let’s say, you are looking for a mustang GT? Ok, well you go to the lot, and they only have the eco-boost stripped model. You can test drive that, yet you don’t get the feel of a GT. But we can order it for you, and it will cost an extra 20k. Kinda the same thing, I feel. Why would I drop that kind of money on a firearm if I can’t even see if it fits me, like the sights, trigger.
In business, as many of us know, you have to spend money to make money.
Just my .02 cents.lol

2 Likes

What would make your local gun store better?

Competition. Specifcally, more local gun stores.

3 Likes

I wish they would reopen but it is not going to happen (divorce got in the way).

1 Like

@Sheepdog556 This is close. A good friend of mine owns a Fish & Chips restaurant outside of London. She just sent me a new sign she put up outside her door… pretty good marketing.

5 Likes

A larger variety of pistols and holsters.LOL

2 Likes

Coupons and BOGOs🤔

2 Likes

Exactly, same here !

1 Like

At my favorite store, which is a family owned op, they’re very well stocked in every aspect of outdoors gear and accessories, including a huge selection of guns both hand and long, new and used, and historical. Only trouble is their HUGE markup on firearms, so a little less sticker shock, please. As a result, I buy other goods there, but not guns.

2 Likes

If it was across the street

3 Likes

Local store/range has the league and Saturday matches. They also do Bingo once a month during the winter. Sounds dumb but it’s a blast. 4 cards (targets) for 10 bucks. Call your B7 if you got it you shoot it. You get it. Play stupid games with stupid prizes, t shirts, water bottles, promotional swag. If they don’t have it they will get it. Good people, good facility. Ammo is high compared to online bulk. That would be the only thing that comes to mind. Guess I’m very fortunate.

5 Likes

That’s great @Craig9. It sounds like a blast. (pun intended). That would be fun. :+1:

1 Like

This would be awesome. I have never competed. I would have to drive hours away if I wanted to, but I would participate here and there if my local range held competitions.

3 Likes

I bet there are ones closer than “hours away”? I mean, sometimes it takes some searching but I’ve noticed a lot of ranges host various types of competitions that might be run by specific groups (GSSF, for example) … or a local clays club is kinda automatically competition IMO (plus they do turkey shoots and stuff)

And with the way range/shop web sites vary in quality, I wouldn’t count on them listing all their competition shoots…

3 Likes

I would like to also see more sales and LEO Discounts like 50 percent off. LOL. Well nice try anyways.

1 Like

LOL! I"m guessing you know about the LEO “Blue Label” deals that a lot of manufacturers offer, @Johnnyq60? If not, I’d definitely ask at your range. It’s not 50%, but it’s a good deal from the ones I’ve seen.

2 Likes

In regards to the big box ones like Cabella’s or Bass Pro Shops, as they’re called here in the west coast…open more of them! The only ones nearest to me are quite far, and there are only two☹️

Now in regards to the medium-sized ones like Turners…this would make them better: better informed, kind and patient employees who don’t condescend and treat customers rude!

Now regarding the local mom and pop stores, which are the closest ones around me. Open up a few more of them! Some are so small that they only have few inventory, and they have too few staff to handle the crowds of people that come in sometimes.

3 Likes

I miss the gun stores of days past.
Plenty of old guns in the racks,
Plenty of old boys telling stories about Anzio, Midway and The Bulge.
Colorful boxes of ammo weighing down the shelves
Trophies mounted on the wall
Clerks that knew their stuff
And not a computer terminal insight

4 Likes

Oh…and there’s got to be a Bullet Board hanging up somewhere

3 Likes

if they aren’t just “hanging out” on them, and it’s just for 4473’s and such, … I love 'em. I find it easier as my hand just barely gets through the paper form if I’ve already had to write a bunch earlier in the day, LOL. Stupid hands. And then it’s hard to enjoy the range :wink: … or just do it on the computer (probably comes back quicker, too).

1 Like

I must be having a senior moment!
OK how about installing a time warp just inside the front door, so the customer enters the store by walking back in time to before 1968?

4 Likes