What will you do first?

A lot of states are lifting their safer at home orders this week. Some, like Wisconsin, are still staying home for another month.

I’m betting that you’re excited to get out and return to a more normal life when your safer at home order ends.

What is the first thing you want to do when your restrictions are lifted?

• Go to the Range
  • Go out to Dinner
  • See Family
  • See Friends
  • All of the above
  • Other (please list below)

0 voters

5 Likes

My granddaughter was born on Feb 2nd and the last time I saw her she was less than a week old. At least my daughter and son-in-law send a lot of pictures. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Other: Get a haircut.

21 Likes

I miss going to my favorite restaurants. However, I don’t plan on being first in line when things open back up.

@TexasEskimo, yesterday I took out the clippers…and have MUCH shorter hair now.
:grin::barber::house:

9 Likes

I went other. I agree with those not wanting to be first in line. They’re already prepping the fear machine with reports of a second round.

8 Likes

Other. Get back to having 4H Rifle practice. I miss working with the kids on my rifle team.

7 Likes

A friend and I have been getting together every Saturday morning since 1997. We are not blood but he is my brother none the less. Most of March, we did not get together. 2 weeks ago, we started meeting in a parking lot for an hour or so. We stay in our cars and are at least 6 feet apart. It will be so nice to sit at a table together and just talk.

8 Likes

I am saying other, I like to take mrs on a lunch date. We like to have lunch in Salt Lake when we pick up parts and supplies. Frequent a what I call an institution, Mexican, hole in the wall, small, restaurant, that “everyone knows your name”. Hope they open soon! Some of the best burritos in the west, or at least in Salt Lake.

3 Likes

Getting back to days at the race track and in the mountains. Riding around locally is nice, but I’ve been on all of these roads many times in the last few weeks! And my go fast skills are surely diminished!

5 Likes

I got an email from the youth, trap coach, they have extended the youth season thru the summer, and Pocatello will host the 3 state youth trap shoot, or at least the regional meet!!!

4 Likes

To be honest, the thing I most want to do right now is drive around and see life returning. I don’t need to get out of the car, just see stores reopening, cars in the parking lots of office buildings, roads that are never empty go back to being never empty, etc. It’s the light at the end of the tunnel thing.

My wife and I already have a routine where once or twice a week we go get take out, position the SUV so we are facing the mountains, and enjoy dinner like we were on the outside patio of a restaurant. So not in a super hurry to take a risk inside the restaurant. And I let her cut my hair, so I need a couple more weeks for it to grow out before I want a haircut. It’s going to be a while before it is safe to travel, so a lot of friends and family remain out of reach. I’m also in a higher risk group based on age, so will remain more cautious then I would have just a few years ago.

My wife is excited her Physical Therapist will reopen next week, as will our dog groomer.

3 Likes

Me and my wife so need a dinner date.

3 Likes

I bought my first pistol while under shelter-in-place orders. Going to get a couple friends together, hit the range, and then go out for dinner. So I’m going to check off a few all at once.

3 Likes

Wisconsin’s rangers are considered essential businesses (I was as shocked as you are that they were deemed essential in our current political climate). So we can go to the range as long as we’re practicing the distancing guidelines. I was there this weekend (taught a small class).

The silver lining of this situation is that I’ve definitely found a new appreciation for the little things - like leaving the house.

5 Likes

I plan to see how it goes for the other states who are opening up early (now in some cases) and see how quickly I want to get back into public.

3 Likes

It’s amusing that the “Going to the range” is the same percentage as “All of the above”. That says a lot about our fine community, does it not?
I love it! America!!

5 Likes

And us “Others” always win. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Every time brother, every time. Freedom I say!

4 Likes

I will be taking my kids to a park!

Seeing my parents are a different situation, I don’t feel it will be safe to come visit them. Not for a while longer.

3 Likes

All of the above + go on a motorcycle ride with friends.

2 Likes