What to do, what to do šŸ¤”

I tried out the P365, Hellcat, and even glanced (briefly) at the Glock 43, before deciding on the M&P Shield Plus. It fit my hand the best, mag release worked without a struggle and shoots really, really well. It conceals beautifully.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know anything about the gun, but I can say that Iā€™ve been pleased with those sights on an M&P9c.

3 Likes

Sights are greatā€¦ handgun even better :wink:
I like trigger on MC2C better than original M&P9 one. However, once I mounted Apex at M&P, no better trigger at any polymer handgun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Jerzees better than the old M&P or the M2.0? I donā€™t have experience with the former, but am pretty happy with my trigger. No telling what Iā€™m missing. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes. M&P M2.0.
I hated that hinged trigger.

3 Likes

I was carrying Ruger LC9, wanted a little more capacity - I now carry P365XL and added a Holosun red dot. Great concealed carry gun! Highly recommend checking is out.

2 Likes

For me the Max-9 was my preference. Tru glo front sight: optional manual safety (opted no safety): PRICE. Plus it came on target easier then the Sig. If I was still shopping I would throw the Hellcat onto the mix also. Just added that for the confusion :slight_smile: IMPORTANT: What ever you chose make certain it hits all your check marks.

3 Likes

I carry the Ruger Max. I do own an older shield and enjoyed caring that, but the Ruger is lighter weight and holds more ammo.

2 Likes

This thread becomes more interesting every day.

I was trying to find something reliable, easy to carry and safe for appendix (that means thumb safety) and found another good choiceā€¦ however I cannot confirm how the safety works on this one (never got chance to handle the model with safety).
But @ScottH, whenever you have a chance to handle this one - test it !

TaurusĀ® G3c T.O.R.O.

2 Likes

The Sig 938 in any of it configurations is a solid and reliable. The Ruger EC9, LC9 or Max is just as solid and reliable. The Shield is larger in size and has a slightly longer barrel. Again another solid and reliable tool.

It is my humble opinion that it go to personal preference. My preference is smaller configuration for more CC applicability.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve also carried a Sig P938 for nearly 7 years. I was recently at an annual cookout/shootout hosted by a neighbor (we live in a rural area). One woman who attended had been an Arny Reserve member back in the 90s, had qualified with an M16 but had never fired a handgun. She was recently attacked in a Walmart parking lot and decided to buy a handgun, get trained and get her licence to carry. She had just bought a Sig P365 the day before ā€“ hadnā€™t even had it out of the box. Her first shot at 10 yards was dead center, an inch and a half below the bullseye. She shot up most of a box of 100 rounds and consistently shot a 3-4" group.

That said, I have a cop friend who just purchased the new CZ P10s. Also high capacity, stacked mag. Sweetest striker trigger Iā€™ve ever pulled. The point is there are lots of good choices in micro 9s.

3 Likes

Thanks all, this has been a very informative thread. I appreciate all of your feedback and guidance :+1:

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that Concealed Carry Magazine did a feature article on the CZ P10s a month or two ago.

3 Likes

Forgotten manufacturer at this Forumā€¦ :roll_eyes:
Thx for bringing it into discussion. :+1:

Butā€¦ stillā€¦
A 2021-10-20 14-41-45

Have you gotten your answer yet?

2 Likes

Walther PDP full size or compact. Has the smoothest trigger pull and reset Iā€™ve ever experienced on a production model pistol. Beautiful ergonomics and grip.

Makes my trusty Glock 19 feel like a dinosaur. Good luck.

3 Likes

Given the very flattering feature article USCCA did a month or two ago on the CZ P10s in Concealed Carry Magazine, I was kind of surprised that no one else mentioned it. My copy friend loves his, and Iā€™m seriously thinking of replacing my Sig P938 with one.

Stan

1 Like

I believe I have.

It sounds like I need to hold onto my p938 a bit longer and do some researching and renting :upside_down_face::face_with_monocle:

Iā€™m still happy with my 938 so Iā€™m not in a hurry. I do like to think ahead though and thereā€™s always a next gun to be on the lookout for!

Thanks again to all!

3 Likes

I considered the same thing awhile back. An extension of my motor skills was, still is, the Springfield XDS in .45 ACP w/ extended mag. Circa 2018. w/ Crimson trigger guard laser. Now I usually only pack that at camp. Iā€™m fresh with it. It still gets a tour now and then when Iā€™m out.
Lately my ā€œchangeā€, and I am totally happy, only slightly larger than the XDS, is the P320.
To be exact, the P320 RXP XCOMPACT, Model :: 320XC-9-BXR3-RXP. Added a TLR7-A.
So Iā€™ve been cycling this firearm, carrying, shooting, training, and itā€™s been a real treat. Very comfortable. Iā€™m fresh with it. Like it a lot.
Research the specsā€¦ Something that might fit your needsā€¦
Or perhaps not, just an ideaā€¦

2 Likes

P365 wins the day. I have a Trijicon RMRcc on mine. Love it.

2 Likes

I recently changed my daily carry from my Taurus 24/7 G2 in 40 auto to a S&W M&P 40 Shield M2.0. I opted for the one without a thumb safety as it was the only one available in 40 at the time. The weight difference is tremendous and the recoil is way less than expected for such a light firearm. The rear sights are windage adjustable but came right from the box with a 1 and a half inch group at 45 feet with 3 different ammunition choices. So far, I have nothing bad to say about the pistol. I will however mention, you do not want the grip to be in contact with any skin to which it may rub. The texturing on the grip is EXTREME!!! It will rub you raw in no time flat.
I chose the Alien Gear IWB holster for concealed carrying this as well as all my other automatics. The reason for this is, I have only once had an issue with Alien Gear and they took care of it and shipped a new molded piece that arrived 2 days after contacting them about the issue, at no cost to me. I have 3 different designs of theirs and have no complaints what so ever.
The M&P Shields trigger is set to what I feel is the perfect set. It is crisp with a very noticeable reset yet light enough that it doesnā€™t cause any target sway for me. I hope this helps you in some way making your decision. Stay safe!
May God bless all of our past, present, and future Soldiers!!!

3 Likes