Sig Sauer P365

Hello, I’m considering a Sig Sauer P365 for my carry weapon. Any thoughts?
Thank you

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother David glad to have you here. As far as the Sig P365 goes I personally don’t own one but I hear good things from the people I know who do. I’m sure it will be a good choice. There’s a lot of videos on YouTube.

3 Likes

Check this thread:

7 Likes

Love mine!!

5 Likes

Welcome sir!
The 365 is my summer carry, surprisingly for such a small pistol, it is soft shooting at least to me, and has solid combat accuracy. All the kinks have been worked out now. Love the sights! Super fast pick up, and sits in the hand well.
Some people with big mitts find it a little to small so of that is ur case look at the xl. Reliable, well it’s a sig! Also holster selection won’t be an issue, I like my iwb we the people holster.
Good luck! :+1::grin:

2 Likes

I am a proud owner of the P365. It is my primary carry pistol. It is a fantastic pistol that is quite accurate for having a short barrel. It has great sights and high capacity mags. It comes with two 10 round mags. I bought two 12 round mags and still have no trouble with concealment. It has fired any ammo I have tried with no malfunctions.
I guess you can tell that I highly recommend it. Lol

4 Likes

I have had the chance to shoot the 365, love it! If it fits your budget, hand, sight acquisition, own it!

5 Likes

I have had 2 Sig P365’s, one being the SAS. Love the guns, shoot great and very good conceal guns. However, I have big hands so I switched to the P365 XL and absolutely love it. Great shooter and conceal gun.

3 Likes

I used to carry a Glock 19 year round. The P365 replaced it as my EDC and I’ve never had an issue with it

6 Likes

If you still have SAS, you can use its slide on XL frame. This way you will have even better concealment.

6 Likes

I purchased one about two months ago to replace my Lc9. It has one of the best factory triggers I have ever experienced and is pretty darn accurate to boot. I think you will enjoy it.

3 Likes

Yup, what they said…
3 - 6 - 5
Takes hardly any more effort to conceal (or shoot) than putting your keys in your pocket.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your responses. Based on your input, and after handling the gun, I have decided to purchase it. Thank you again. Please, stay safe and be careful out there…

3 Likes

Thank you for the welcome. I’m planning on spending more time here reading and learning.
Take care,
Dave

2 Likes

I would check out the 365XL. To me, it is a better gun. The 365 was not fun to shoot, the 365 on a XL grip frame was much better. I wish I had gotten the XL.

Other than that, the 365 and XL are awesome gun designs, lots of capacity in a very concealable size.

3 Likes

I carry the P365 XL and it conceals well and shoots good too. I find it very comfortable to have on me concealed and I have not had any problems at all. The sights shoot differently because the sights are set to the dot on the front sight not the top of the sights. Once you get that down and train with it, you will do great. Easy disassembly and cleaning too.
Go to the range and rent one and try it out before you buy one. See how it works for yourself because you might like the Glock better, it is all about your comfort and enjoyment of shooting it.

3 Likes

Hey @David80. Here is a review I posted from another thread about my P365XL

My current carry setup is a Sig P365XL NRA edition. I carry at the appendix position in a LAS Ronin 3.0 IWB holster. I have been carrying this setup for the past 3 months and overall am happy with the firearm.

Review
Size - I am a slim guy at 71" and 161lbs. The Sig P365XL has a slim and comfortable profile that I can easily conceal no matter if I am wearing a pair of scrubs on the way to work, a light T-Shirt, or button down shirt. Paired with the LAS Ronin 3.0, it virtually disappears and minimally prints during a windy day when wearing a light T-Shirt. The one drawback to its slim profile is that it is slightly small for my hands. Not really an issue, I just had to slightly modify my grip to improve my accuracy and comfort with it. Grip length is perfect for my hands and I am able to get a full grip, including my pinky. The texture is not overbearing and I have had no issues with my hands slipping, even when wet. Overall I do like the grip texture and do not anticipate having to modify the grip texture at any point in the future.

Finish - There have been some negative reviews on the coyote tan finish of the NRA edition, mainly with premature slide wear from holstering and unholstering the firearm. I have carried this firearm daily, in the Arizona heat, placed it in and out of my EDC bag, and fire it at the range at least 1 time per week and put an average of 50 rounds per trip through it for the last 3 months. So far the finish has held up well and is showing no signs of wear.

Trigger: The trigger does leave something to be desired. Not that it is a bad trigger, just not what I am used to. I prefer the stock trigger of the Glock compared to the stock trigger of the Sig. There is more slack in the trigger prior to hitting the wall and upon reset, the trigger has a dull and soft click. The wall is well defined though and has minimal travel once you pull through the wall. My model did come with the factory flat trigger installed, which I do like. With training though I have become used to the trigger of the P365. Eventually I may look at upgrading if better options come out in the future.

Night Sights: The SigLite night sites on the P365 are plenty bright and are easily found in low light conditions. The front site has a defined green ring that makes for faster target acquisition in brighter conditions.

Magazines: The NRA edition of the P365XL comes with (2) 12 round magazines and (1) 15 round magazine. As with any Sig magazine, these are well constructed, feed well, and should last for many years to come.

Accuracy:
So let’s be frank, this is a sub-compact, slim and light weight carry gun. You are not going to win any marksmanship competitions with this firearm. I have seen quite a few reviews around the web where people have complained about poor grouping. Yet when you look at their targets, for combat style shooting, the groups are great. Whether shooting slowly or under a double tap or rapid fire situation, I am able to keep all of my shots in the Alpha Zone with the occasional “flyer” into the beta zone at distances ranging from 5 to 15 feet. In a defense situation, I do not anticipate having to fire my weapon at distances greater than that, If so, I am falling back and attempting to evade the situation and hopefully fighting my way to my AR15 in my home or my car. When shooting out to 25-30 feet though, I am able to get on target. For a sub-compact firearm, I feel the accuracy is on par for its size and weight.

Issues: With the early model of Sig P365’s, there were issues associated with them. The striker would drag on the primer, there were FTF and FTE issues, problems with the night sites, light primer strikes and failure of the slide to go into battery. I have not experienced any of these issues with mine. It has gone bang every time and eats any ammo I put through it. In the first 100 rounds, I did have some issues with the slide not locking back after the last round, but since then I have not had any issues.

Overall Review:
I have mentioned Glock a couple times in this review. I am a Glock fan and was leaning toward the Glock 43 or the 43x. I could not find a 43x in stock so had only a Glock 43 to compare the Sig P365XL to. When comparing the two pistols side by side, I just preferred the overall feel of the Sig. It felt better in the hand, I like the Coyote color, the fact it came with 3 mags instead of two, it had factory installed night sites, and had a higher mag capacity than the Glock. Dollar for dollar, in my opinion, the Sig was just a better purchase. In fact, my wife, who is also a Glock fan, liked the Sig P365XL so much that I ended up purchasing one for her and she carries hers daily as well. I believe Sig definitely has a game changer here and has created a great, easily concealable, accurate, and affordable carry option. So far I have been happy with my purchase. Most importantly, I trust that this gun will allow me to protect my life and my families life should the need ever arise.

4 Likes

365XL or 365, both seem to have ample fans.
A consideration/decision that I made is this: The grip profile of a 365 with a 12 round magazine is nearly identical to the grip profile of the 365XL. I often carry a standard 365 with a 12 round mag just to make my pinky finger happy and still have the option to take nearly an inch off of the grip if/when the need arises.

2 Likes

P365 for me. At a whopping 135lbs I have issues carrying in summer. I found that the shorter grip frame is a much better fit for me with appendix carry. Doesn’t stick out with the standard mag. I have been thinking about putting the XL slide and barrel on it with a Romeo Zero dot. Barrel length is not a problem for me unless it gets past 4".

1 Like

Thanks for your info. I’ll probably just leave it as is but it’s nice to know there are options.

4 Likes