Sig Sauer P365

I have the 365xl and I love it. It’s a great CC gun.

2 Likes

Its a wonderful pistol. I heard of issues with it not going into full battery when they first came out. I bought mine very early on, have put perhaps 1K rounds through it with various ammo brands and have not had a single SNAFU. I will say, in my experience, I find it to shoot more consistent groups using 124 gr ammo. I eventually bought the LIMA laser for it and have never turned back.
The only NEGATIVE, for me, I have small hands, is I find it difficult if not impossible to safely drop a mag out of it without using two hands. The lever can be set to the opposite side, doubt that would help me, the button is just very recessed, which can be a GOOD thing, so you dont accidentally drop a mag. I deal with it and write it off and a hand size, strength issue, not the pistols fault. But something to think about.
John

2 Likes

It’s common issue with small handguns (single stack, lightweight magazines).
Instead of using two hands try to press mag release button, put pinky finger out and shake the grip outside your body. This method has been working perfectly with M&P Shields.

1 Like

I will gie this a try, thank you.
John

2 Likes

First off, let me applaud you for training with it enough to know that you’ve got to find a better way! I know a lot of people who struggle with dropping the magazine but most don’t realize how important it is to be able to do that easily and quickly. Training may help, I know my grip shifts a bit to drop the magazine on my 365 during an emergency reload. But by the time I’m inserting the new magazine I’m back to my shooting grip. I can shoot for the shifted grip, it’s just not as accurate.

1 Like

We train and learn what works best for each of us. We are all different and being versatile and open to ideas is how we learn. What works for one person will not work for all. I have taken many advanced training classes. Sometimes what works for 90% of the class wont work, is not as beneficial, or just is not something one is physically able to do… so you find what does work and practice that in an effort to be as safe and efficient as you can while still being effective.

John

2 Likes