Sig 365 versus 365XL

I currently carry a G43 for my EDC (and love it) but I’m looking for more capacity. I’ll probably add a red dot too. The sig 365XL comes with a red dot option but how much does it affect conceal ability? I’ve read the specs but I’m looking for some real world experience.

Should I just get the 365 and have the slide milled for the RMR or go for the XL?

1 Like

Have you shot the 365? Most people I know (not all) don’t care for how it shoots if they like how the Glock 43 shoots.

The regular 365 with a 12 round magazine is very similar in size to the 365 XL and is very easy to conceal … or so I’ve heard. :innocent: Not sure about the red dot though :thinking:

3 Likes

I never owned a Sig but the XL is different due to the optic. A lot of concealed carriers are choosing optics right now. It’s a bit more pricey though. It depends on how much your willing to spend. You can get a special holster for the 365XL to accommodate the RMR. IMHO I don’t think it would be to difficult to conceal. Either way you are getting an awesome gun.

1 Like

I was attending class recently and there were 2 students with P365, one with regular version, other with XL. Both were iron sights equipped.
We discussed the concealability vs shootability of both handguns and found (at least me) that XL was much easier to shoot, especially it gave better grip once pulled from the holster.
Both versions seemed to be concealed the same, I couldn’t find any differences looking at the students. None was printing at all.
Cannot say anything about RMR.

I would go with XL - optic ready and flat trigger… :sunglasses:

1 Like

There is a new 365X slide that is optic ready or with a pre-installed RomeoZero from Sig for the standard P365. Currently inbound, will report back on concealability of optic. 12rd mag does show slightly more than 10rd pinky & flush mags.

2 Likes

The 365 is too small for my comfort. I would go with the 365xl personally, but it depends on how small a gun you want. I personally don’t own either.

The 365 is an extremely efficient use of space for your hands. I personally like to have more meat on my guns, BUT I understand that changes depending on how you carry and concealability.

If I wanted small, I’d go 43x or Shield Plus. That’s just me though.

2 Likes

I carry the SIG P365XL. I do not have red dot on it. I get real comfortable wearing it concealed. I would have to suggest to go rent one at the range and try it out. or try the Kimber Ultra carry II,… see what you think of it.

Left is P365XL and right one is Kimber.

4 Likes

Chose the 365 because micro. It will remain micro. In situations where more gun can be concealed, exercise larger options.

2 Likes

I have both a P365 and P365 XL. I have average to large hands and find the XL feels much better as the grip module is longer and the tang deeper. I run mine with a Swampfox Sentinal red dot. I have found concealability is good provided you get the right holster… I’ve tried many holsters and the best ones for me are Tenicor Velo4 for Appendix carry or Clinger Holster for 4 o’clock IWB carry. I would try both to see which feels better to you first as it’s very much a personal preference.

3 Likes

Count me in the “not all” group. I prefer the p365 to the G43. Though I usually use the p365 with the 12 round mags which makes for a more comfortable grip. The bonus is you get almost twice the capacity in a slightly smaller package.

Can’t speak to the p365XL but suspect it would be even more comfortable though likely would not work for pocket carry which I do on occasion.

2 Likes

I own a P365; the size is excellent for my every day carry. If your state doesn’t have a mag size limit, you can get a larger capacity mag and make it a little closer to the grip size of the XL. I’d like to own both. I use the LIMA laser, and I’ve become used to it and recommend it, so no need for the red dot/slide work on mine. I like the LIMA for my carry better also, because it seems faster to locate the beam on target than looking through the red dot window and I don’t have to bring my arm up to my viewpoint, but can accurately shoot from the hip or other arm positions if needed (not that I recommend that, but training for odd situations never hurts). It also lets you keep the tritium sights unblocked in case you need to use them (some red dots block the sights). I have an RMR on my Walther, and absolutely love it and am not against red dots, but still prefer the P365 with the red light beam for carry.

4 Likes

I took my 365 SAS and put it on an XL frame. Added the 15 round magazine and it was better but in the end did not have enough purchase on it for me. Went back to the 4 inch barrel pistols with a compact grip.
HK called and I answered on the first ring, never looked back. YMMV

1 Like

@James531 @Jerzees @Shamrock Here are (2) pics of the P365 with the new X-slide with RomeoZero and NDZ threaded barrel. I installed the flat trigger awhile back; for me the $30 made a world of difference over the standard hook in repeating finger placement and pull.

FYI: No additional printing noticed because of red dot using a Crossbreed Reckoning holster IWB at 4:00 or AIWB.

@Todd30 has the best advise, find a range rental to see if you like the grip angle and the way it performs. Hope the additional information helps with your decision making.

4 Likes

My P320 has the flat trigger, so for consistency, I swapped one into my P365 as well. Between that and an NDZ finger extension, the gun feels great. A Lima365 seems better for self-defense range aiming than a red dot.

6 Likes

Got the 365XL Romeo for my wife. She is not able to practice much and carried a Glock 43. The first time she tried the XL, the shot the 43 first at 7 yards. Her grouping was about 12 inches. Then, shot the XLRomeo, and her first 3 shots were within an inch. Definitely improved her ability to aim while her arms were strong enough to be steady. Her health is such that her arms don’t remain stead for long.
Her issue is not the fit of a holster, but the weight of the pistol. The XL fits the same holster her Glock used if I tighten the compression screws.
Considering all that, though she likes the 43, her best choice is the XL with the red dot.

3 Likes

Deja Vu, saw your pic and thought how’d you get ahold of my Sig. I had the Foxtrot installed with a Pierce extension before finding Talon and NDZ’s products.

Keep finding new accessories as they’re less expensive than buying another P365.

5 Likes

I own the 365 xl with the romeo zero red dot and it is very easy to conceal. I had been using a we the people iwb but just got a Crossbreed reckoning which is fantastic and allows me to switch from iwb to owb when weather and clothing allows. The romeo zero has a very small footprint.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother @Scot2351 and God bless you.

It wouldn’t hurt to check a local shop for one or both in stock to get a hands on idea. That said, the make or model isn’t relevant being the main “concealable” part of a handgun is most always the grip. Longer the grip harder (not impossible) to conceal, as shorter the grip easier to conceal. All taken into account with body shape & o’clock I went P365 bc my slimmer size I lack the “real-estate” for longer grip. a barrel 6 inch wont print like adding 1/4" to grip.

1 Like

I buckled and purchased the 365X slide with the RomeoZero. Impressive little package. Having the original slide gives good reference on where to cut the RMR clearance into existing holsters. Overall I am very pleased with the new sight and am landing tighter groups than my not-so-young-anymore eyes have made in a while. It is still an extremely tiny package and hides very well.

Also. Here is the best 2d size comparison available.

5 Likes