New SIG P365 XL

I love SIG, but personally, I don’t see the point of this pistol. What does this do that the P320 XCompact doesn’t do just a bit better? It also defeats the purpose of maximum concealment that the original P365 is all about.

What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Nathan,
Having purchased a first-run P365, I see your point. The longer barrel and sight picture would have been a better choice to release first, with maybe the original being sold as a downsized version for better concealability. As it is, the P320 RX seems the much better choice for capacity as well as having the Romeo red dot pre-installed. Thanks for making me put another item on my wish list…the P320 I mean.

1 Like

I’m excited for this firearm. I think it will be great to carry and will rival the new shield 4” barrel, while still having more round capacity. I have the P365 and will definitely get the XL. The thinner grip fits excellent in my hand and will be easier to conceal than the P320 x-compact. 15 rounds in a still very small firearm, I’m in.

2 Likes

Welcome @Craig1 and @Michael21! How have I not seen the Sig 365 XL? I’d love to do a side by side comparison with the XCarry.

2 Likes

Knowing myself as I do, I can sit here and type out the reasons why I don’t need a P365XL, as well as how it “doesn’t make sense”, but then I’ll handle and shoot one in person, and I’ll suddenly have a new gun while being that much poorer. That said, I love both my P320 XCompact and P365. The XCompact is in my bedside safe, while my P365 is on my hip while on a little family trip.

3 Likes

Check out Osage county guns, they have a lot of info on the XL and even some comparisons. They seem to have Sig information faster than most. Gun university also has good info, links posted below

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/

3 Likes

I own and carry the 365 even got rid of a glock 42 and 43, In the sub compact world I believe that the 365 is king of the hill, but in the compact world there is a much stiffer competition. It’s going to take an extraordinary firearm to replace my Glock 19. And as much as Sig wants for pistol mags it’d take a small fortune to replace what I’ve accrued in glock mags.

Now if I’m new to the firearm world this could be a serious option.

3 Likes

@Sheepdog556 - P365 is my go-to EDC. It’s hard to beat for it’s capacity to size ratio. I do also ocassionally carry my P320 XC or G19. I shoot all 3 guns pretty well, so I have a hard decision on what to carry some days. Not a bad problem to have though. As for magazines, you are right. SIG magazines are “stupid expensive”, especially for the P365. I bought two 12-rounders that set me back just over $100. I don’t plan on buying more anytime soon.

3 Likes

UGH! Now I want another one!! Although, knowing they’re discontinuing my sub compact, I’ll definitely keep it.

2 Likes