New SIG 365

Sig Sauer comes with new P365 Pistol variant - “SAS” with fancy sight system.
Seems to be good news for all SIG lovers :star_struck:

2 Likes

One really big issue is you won’t be able to work this gun one handed

1 Like

My wife will want one. Still nagging me about an X-Five Legion also…

2 Likes

I tried one of those “bullseye” sights on my XDs, they are horrible. Not only are they no more accurate than just looking down the slide with no sights… if there is a bright light source behind you it is impossible to find the dot in the circle. I don’t know if Sig has done anything to improve the system, but I would “try it” before you “buy it” on this one.

2 Likes

What is the issue shooting it one handed? One hand slide racking?

1 Like

Yes that’s where I was going with that

There is a new pretty good review available:

I have yet to actually handle the new SAS P365. I will say that I love my original P365. It has 3000 rounds through it and is still going strong. It is one of my regular EDC guns.

i bought the p 365 and have about 500 rds shot thru it…this gun is strictly for close range, conceals perfectly but its short range has discouraged me from carrying it as often as i did…my other carry is the “baby glock” .45 glock 30, it’s my fav so far

1 Like

I know a lot of men who wish their wives would nag them about getting a new gun - mag them TO GET a new gun instead of having gotten one. :wink:

1 Like

How short of range, @Ben_Blanc? Self-defense shots are more likely to be close range.

1 Like

Yes, it is a blessing and a curse, you can’t return them if you get home and don’t like them :rofl::joy:. I’ll take it though.

I have the SAS and I thoroughly enjoy the gun. Yes, the first time you try it it is tricky regarding the site. I was hitting low Center mass at first. But after the second time I want was it I was already hitting set in Mass at 5 yards out. The targets that you see above are the fourth time (three days ago) I took it to the range and I was at 9 yards out.

2 Likes

@Roberto have you shot the regular P365? Just wondering how different they feel when shooting. Great picture of the sights on that gun by the way.

yes I did actually and I thoroughly enjoyed that original version as well. But I purchase SAS mainly because of my eyes. I’m nearsighted and sometimes when I’m shooting just with my regular iron sights my eyes have a hard time focusing.

With the SAS, I’m able to quickly have a good sense of mass when I raised my gun because of the green dot. And I don’t really have to focus ideally. So when I raise it up the target is still in Focus for me if that makes any sense.

And plus I did notice that the porter Barrel made a difference. Some might notice it some might not notice it at subtle but it’s there.

2 Likes

I did not know the other gun had a ported barrel. Is it louder? I noticed the p365 has a bark compared to my other 9mm. Or seemed to anyway.