Im considering a sig P365 SAS. What do you guys think of that sight system?

Hey all I went to my shop and they have sig p365 SAS. For those not familiar this sig has a new sighting system, that they say is a night sight as well. Please look it up if you havent seen these sight systems. So the gun is very comfortable for me. But this sight system im not sure about. Does it really work? Or is it a gimmick? Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

I like it and wish I would have waited to get it instead of the regular 365.

They’re both awesome! It’s all personal opinion.

3 Likes

I have the SAS and its my EDC. This gun takes some getting used to but once you figure out the sight system it works well during the day. However at night is a totally different story. I cannot pick up the sight at night so I put the Sig Lima laser on mine to compinsate for that. And keep in mind that both the barrel and slide are ported so I tend to get powder residue on my finger when shooting it. All in all though I really like my SAS and haven’t had any issues with it.

1 Like

Thank you they do have a great grip for my hands. And the grip ability is very nice as well. I was just conserned about the sights. There not your typical sight.

1 Like

My only reservation about a smooth sighting system is you have no way to operate the gun one handed. Yes chances are slim that you’d need too but if you needed to it’d be a life or death situation

3 Likes

That is a very good point that i didnt even consider! Thank you for this important information!

1 Like

My wife wanted one as soon as they were announced. She’s had a 365 since they were released and thought she’d love it. She shot it at a range and did not. I was never interested due to lack of traditional sights without a shelf like sheepdog. I do like the concept though, but the ability to manipulate the gun is one of the very first things I consider before purchasing.

1 Like

How would you rack the slide one-handed?

2 Likes

Only way I could figure off the top of my head is find a surface you could press the slide down onto from the muzzle end. May or may not have that type surface available…like sheepdog said, unlikely one would ever need to do that but…

3 Likes