New purchase of Sig

Sunday my wife encouraged me to purchase another ccw before the next administration is in office…awesome wife…like I really needed an excuse. Got the sig p365. I finally got to shoot it today. Shot both range ammo and defensive ammo. Both fed well without any issues.I also bought the factory 12 round mag ($45) which I used today. I was concerned my accuracy would suffer with the smaller framed pistol but I hit the bullseye from bad breath distance out to about 20 feet. I’m sure the shot placement would have been different if the bullseye was shooting back at me.

16 Likes

The Sig p365XL was a finalist as I was looking to upgrade last year. I ultimately went with the HK VP9sk. I still like the Sig p365XL. I’m a fan of Sig period. :+1:t5::+1:t5:

:v:t5:

4 Likes

P365 and especially the P365XL are great guns! They shoot well for their size, and the capacity is amazing for their size. I kinda miss mine.

5 Likes

Congratulations! You will love the p365. Dont know what type of ammo you are shooting, but I have found the 124gr works best in mine.

3 Likes

I love my P 365 XL. I have been carrying it for about two years now. Never a problem and conceals really good.

4 Likes

As of last May, I bought my very first Sig, the SP2022 and I was amazed. I’m usual a 1911 or Beretta M9/92 guy. But I’ve got to say, this pistol is Damn nice. Has 15 plus one, but I found a place that I could get actual sig mags with +2 base plates, that were only $28.

The only thing I had to change was swapping the original trigger with a slim trigger for less than $10, and took maybe 10 minutes to change out.

6 Likes

You will really like the P365 I think. I am very, very happy with mine. I have owned it for over a year now. I have had zero issues with it. It is a remarkably good carry pistol. Enjoy!

1 Like

I’ve got a student looking at the one @DLVick38 (if they can find it), does it feel similar the HK VP9? That’s the biggest question they have about getting the smaller gun.

1 Like

I have not held or shot the VP9. I would imagine that there’s someone on YT who has made that comparison. The Vp9sk appears to be the smaller more compact version of the VP9. Wish I knew more…

:v:t5:

2 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @Brian_J .:+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks…conceals very well.

1 Like

Thanks, yep my new baby. :grin:

1 Like

Very underrated piece!

2 Likes

The p365? I feel like I’m one the few people not carrying it these days :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Good job, my last everyday carry was a Sig P365. I liked it, it was dead on, and any time i would miss, it was user , not the p 365. I carried that one for about a year. Then I bought a Springfield Hellcat 9 MM. It was real easy. It came with night sights & I added a green laser & light . Got it sighted in about 20 feet. Its dead on as well. And the Hellcat & the P 365 are the same size. All I can say they make great carry weapons.

3 Likes

That’s nice , real nice.

1 Like

Congrats , that is my everyday carry. I am used to a larger gun so it took me some range time to become accurate with it . I too bought the extended mag and that seemed to help quite a bit . Stay safe , stay well.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Patrick112 and you are in the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

That is one thing I really admire about those models, the FCG can be put into another frame, change caliber, etc. :sunglasses:

1 Like