Sig P365SAS

So I was finally able to get to the range and shoot my 365SAS. The sight is definitely something that needs some getting used to, however, it consistently shot low and to the left. Even with one eye open and slowing down it shot low and left, has anyone else had any issues with accuracy? If so, what did you do if anything?

Before everyone says user error…I also had my Glock 19X with me and dead-on.

Thanks for any input and CarryOn.

2 Likes

Double check trigger finger placement, on smaller guns I’ve found I have to be very concision of where my finger is on the trigger.

8 Likes

What works for me is what i can only refer to as energy placement.
For example, if you shoot with your right hand, then the key is going to be your left hand. Small firearms want to kinda’ curl up in the palm of my hand, so i make sure to put extra focus on locking into grip with my left, whether i’m shooting single shot or bursts my left is my guide and my stronghold.
Hope this helps you out, shoot safe.

2 Likes

I have one as well and Dawn may be correct. Grip on a small weapon is critical. Firm handshake with the right or trigger hand and a killer squeeze with the off hand. Shoot it from a rest position that will steady the pistol. See if your groups are improved. Try to eliminate the shooter variables. I may well be that is its point of aim. Mine is close to center if a bit low.

2 Likes

Its grip and trigger placement. You cant compare how you shot your Glock 19X to how you shot your P365. Different size guns need to be shot in different ways. Smaller guns are less forgiving than larger guns. Check your grip as the smaller gun may be shifting and moving in your hand more. Also, check your finger on the trigger. I would start with the trigger on the first bend in your trigger finger and adjust from there. One other thing to try is dry firing it. After checking 1,001 times, then one more time, try dry firing it and since there is no recoil, take special note of what the sights are doing as you are completing the firing cycle. Where are your sights pointed after the trigger breaks? Finally, were the sights ever dead on for you? Keep in mind that guns are not sighted in from the factory. Most handguns are aligned and are close enough that slight misalignments are not noticed, but they are assembled and test fired, not sighted in. Also, the sights on the small guns are notorious for being hard to use. Depending on how they are finished, things like lighting and glare can mess with the shooter’s sight alignment.

4 Likes

If you don’t believe Dawn and Brian, have someone shoot it who is used to (and regularly shoots) a short barreled pistol.
They have spent the time needed to master this. Once done, it shoots right where it should (at least it did for me) .
I had the same issues, and working on grip and trigger finger placement made the difference.

3 Likes

Mine groups just fine, just not exactly where you think it will. From my research it’s not that uncommon for them to be slightly off. But remember it is essentially a micro-compact intended for self defense rather than driving tacks.

I was going to use some shim stock and adjust mine, but I decided it wasn’t really worth the effort. I have a non-SAS that puts the bullets exactly where I point it.

2 Likes

You received some sage advice here. One thing not mentions and I have a 365SAS you point the pistol in differently. Unlike the glock that uses traditional iron sites and you concentrate the front site this is like an optic . (You can’t collocate) so your relying on both front and rear site but your focus is slightly more on the rear . If the bubble is not dead centered and everything else is correct you’ll end up pulling it pushing the shot.
Just my 2 cents worth. I have big paws of the gun gets lost too.
Good luck and send more rounds it will become more Intuitive

2 Likes

it’s still a user error. …

Trigger placement, as @Dawn mentioned cause this.

I have this problem too sometimes with pistol. Try not to anticipate the shot. You want to pull the trigger without disturbing the sight. Dry fire practice helps with this as you can see which way the gun is moving when you pull the trigger and adjust accordingly. Also a problem of mine was leaning to far forward. Keeping my body upright and planted helped.

1 Like

Welcome Cameron!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

I love my. It did take a while to get used to that site. By the third time I want I was very much comfortable and here’s to result. And that was months ago. I was at six and a half yards out

3 Likes

Perfect holes for defensive shooting !

Thanks. And that’s one thing I like about this because I can easily get on to that green Quickley compared to traditional iron sights.

1 Like

Don’t be too quick on user error. I had no trouble with mine but as a frequent visitor to SigTalk, there are reports of P365 SAS sights not being properly installed-they are screwed on, after all. There are some videos floating around on how to adjust the sight and those that have done it report positive results. One person returned to Sig reporting shooting low and left no matter what. If I remember, Sig replaced the slide.

2 Likes

Thank you for that photo. I’ve never shot a gun with sights that look like that!

I watched a WPSN pistol 1 class video just the other day describing this. John Lovell claims it’s recoil anticipation that causes right handers to shoot low and left. He goes on to teach how striker triggers work and his tips on easing thru the last .10" of the shot. Good stuff, highly recommend it.

Or it could be your sights, or it could be your grip, or it could be you learning a completely new syle of sight that is designed to get you in the torso area generally and as quickly as possible from a draw in the dark. All possibles.

An observant teacher goes a long way, does your range have instructors? Might be worth an hour or two.

There’s also a thread in Training section here called “Shooting low and left” has some great tips in there. Cheers!

1 Like

I second this.

Colion Noir also had issues, shooting low left, even with an instructor. After shooting low left with several magazines, he then shoots his standard P365 with stock sights with no problems.

1 Like

I third this, as an owner of an SAS and a standard 365 each with different grouping characteristics. (Standard 365 spot on, SAS just out of the black)

I will add however that simple geometry indicates induced error from sight misalignment increases proportionately as the sight radius decreases. And what’s the sight radius on a SAS, about 1 inch?

2 Likes