M&P Compact Vs. P365 XL

Just wanted to throw this out there. I’m looking seriously at getting one of these guns.

I’m an M&P guy. I’m leaning twards the M&P compact 9mm because I want a gun that I could carry easily regularly, and also put away as my HD gun in the evening.

Right now I carry a shield 45, I have a full size M&P and I’m very comfortable with the M&P grip angle new grip texture sites, etc…

That being said, the Sig P365 XL was surprisingly concealable to me. The regular p365 is really cool, but I’d rather have a bigger gun than the p365 since I’d carry on my belt anyway. The 365XL is the perfect size imo.

Just wanted to throw these two out there and see what the community has to say.

6 Likes

The M&P is a nicely priced pistol and rates very well, as you know. MY OPINION is that the P365XL is hype-- JUST MY OPINION, NO JUDGMENT.

A lot of carrying abilities has to do with location when it comes to size. I carry a full size pistol (Ruger SR9) at about 2;00. Doesn’t work so well at 3 or 4 oclock.

6 Likes

I like the M&Ps a lot. I actually like the idea of having a meatier grip. I’ve had the same opinion on most the sigs until I picked the gun up yesterday. The p365xl grip was small was floored by how easy it would be carry. I think it has a profile that would be easier than my shield 45 to conceal with the ability to carry 12+1.

3 Likes

It really comes down to preference whatever you decide to carry.

6 Likes

Agreed. Your original point was true though. The M&P is more bang for the buck. The Sig is fancy pants material.

2 Likes

I have the 365xl. It absolutely is a perfect and great Cary gun. Conceals really well. Love it for that and it shoots freaking amazing IMO of course

3 Likes

I fiddled with one at the store again today. It’s crazy how that small profile has 13 rounds. I could definitely see how it would be a decent carry peace. It comes with nice sites too.

1 Like

I’m sorry for you @Scoutbob:expressionless:
You have to make a tough decision… these both are great handguns. And in your case each has some advantages over another.

• you already own M&P, so you are familiar with this Family and you know how great they are
  • P365 series seems to be the best concealable and comfortable handgun.

Which one to choose? :thinking: I’d say - find the application you need the firearm for and buy the one which meets it better.
If you trust M&P and Compact conceals good - stay with M&P. If you need firearm which conceals better - go with P365, you know you will like it.

BUT - as everybody at this Community has been saying - rent, shoot, decide :point_up:

My personal preference - M&P. I’ve started to be addicted to them… :roll_eyes: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue: (another one is coming Home :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4 Likes

IMO, shooting them usually makes the decision for me (when possible).

2 Likes

I carry the P 365 XL and I love it! The M&P I did not like because of the trigger pull. Now, does that mean you should get a SIG? NO, go to the range and rent both guns and try them out to compare what you like and what you do not like. We can not choose for you nor should we. I would feel bad if you bought a gun you did not like. I also have a Ultra Carry .45 by Kimber that is as small as the XL but thicker and only hold 6 with 1 in the chamber. I like the extended mag for the P 365 XL so I can have 16 rounds available.

4 Likes

Well brother you can’t go wrong with either firearm. Me being an M&P guy myself, I own 5, would be prejudicial, but I like all guns and would not talk bad about a P365XL. My cousin and brother who live in Puerto Rico both own the P365XL. I love my M&Ps and they are reliable and love the ergos.

3 Likes

The easy way to say it is I own one of each of the M & P semi’s. I carried the Nine C on the hip in a paddle holster for the last 3 years. I also carried the Shield 9 for a while but to me it was not a comfortable gun to shoot

1 Like

LOL! I know a lot of people who would agree with you and a lot who would disagree, @Danny28. I have the 365 and love it (but not the XL).

Have you shot them side by side, @Scoutbob? That usually is the decision maker for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can’t go wrong with either. That said, your familiar with the M&P feel, and controls. Might as well grow the M&P family, IMHO.

3 Likes

All modern handguns- with a couple of exeptions- are high quality… it just comes down to trying them out and choosing one that fits.

2 Likes

The problem with the modern firearms is that we’d like to have them all. :joy:

Ok…I know…HiPoint excluded… :wink:

5 Likes

Ha, I’m glad you qualified that. I just hate ugly guns. Like artwork. :grin:

2 Likes

Exactly :joy:

2 Likes

I want to do this. It may be a few months though because of the ammo shortage. Even when I buy a new gun I’d like to put 200 rounds down range + some hollow points before I carry it.

Good thing is I don’t need another carry gun. I just am a believer in the more the merrier :rofl::joy:.

3 Likes

so no rush needed, @Scoutbob.
We have Elections in few weeks… then Covid19 will disappear and everything will come back to normal. Then you buy both - M&P9C AND P365XL, because there will be no reason to choose between them… :wink:

3 Likes