What is your trusted,favorite gun oil?

Favorite gun oils to use? Does anyone use gun butter?

CLP

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

used to be Rem Oil, but SIG’s been packaging Lucas Oil products and they seem on par. So far so good.

1 Like

Im using rem oil now and i use it very sparingly. It seems to pick up a bit of grime tho. Ive considered lucas extreme duty…and gun butter… But gun butter is up there as far as price. Thats where im at…

Ballistol 2

Hands down, top choice for me.

Some say it get a little grungy after heavy use. That I have seen, yet it wipes off super easy

Many others I have tried, including Slip2000 EWL. Always I find myself going back to Ballistol.
Ballistol claims it will penetrate metal providing a greater benefit. Works well on the outside of my gun too (LR), the plastic, wood and gunmetal.

2 Likes

Hoppes works fine for me.

3 Likes

CLP works just fine

2 Likes

Used to be Zero Friction, now and always on all firearms Wilson Combat Ultimate-Lube II

1 Like

Any Synthetic oil. I jump between Mobil1, Ballistol and Lucas. No differences at all between them.
Never have used gun butter, have grease from Cajun Gun Works, but I never found any advantages using it.

1 Like

Hoppe’s 9, works well, I can buy it at Walmart, I like CLP because that’s all you really need, but it’s kind of like 2in1 shampoo. It works, but it’s not the best shampoo or the best conditioner. I like having two products: bore cleaner + lube.

(I want to say WD-40 just to irritate people, but I will withhold myself)

3 Likes

I want to grab a can of this to clean my .22 revolver. I watched Hickock 45 on YouTube spray his cylinder and just let it sit in this. Seems like an easy way to clean my range toy. For my carry pistols I will stick with my normal stuff.

1 Like

Fair chance it is one of the few things left on the shelves at walmart these days.
That and Easter candy.

5 Likes

Break-Free CLP

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

:joy: no kidding! I just got back from Walmart and they had nothing there.

2 Likes

CLP for me. Or Rem oil.

1 Like

RemOil has worked fine for me.

1 Like

Been using Rem Oil for 20 years. Lately, for a quick clean and lube, I have used Hoppes Gun Medic spray and Hornaday Gun Lube spray.

1 Like

@J.WoodSr I have a few Glocks. Are you joking? We have to oil a gun? Next thing you know someone will claim I have to clean them as well. That’s priceless.

3 Likes

Hoppe’s black oil.

1 Like