I like Ballistol.

6 Likes

“The best for handguns”? NO… there is “the best for shooter” :wink:

For me : OTIS Technologies.

6 Likes

Lucas CLP and Oil-
Mil-Comm TW25B Gun Grease Lubricant

7 Likes

I also use Lucas products. I have used Remington and a couple of others but have had good results with Lucas products and it is easily found locally here in La.

8 Likes

I like Rem Oil for the after the range time cleaning; Birchwood Casey barricade for the long term. I used Ballistol to see how it would stand up to long term, but I found rust forming on one of the shotguns after a month. That’s just my experience with these.

4 Likes

My favorite CLP is currently Lucas Extreme Duty CLP. I have both the aeresol and the liquid. I really like all of the Lucas Extreme Duty gun products (CLP, Oil, Grease are mostly what I use).

I’m also fond of Slip 2000 EWL and EWG.

And of course I have and would not hesitate to use Break Free CLP when wanting a CLP.

Oh yeah can’t forget Ballistol. It works/is safe on so many different products and materials, I end up using it around the house a lot but not on guns so much as everything else.

Barricade or Rig Grease or break free collector more for storage.

4 Likes

Haven’t we already decided this 37 times before?

4 Likes

Yes this topic was discussed back in the days but I stick to HOPPES for my gun lube and oil.

3 Likes

This conversation went off topic the same moment it was started.
Yes we have discussed it 37 times… but actually haven’t talked recently about “CLP” … C.L.P. - not solvent, not oil, not grease… just C.L.P.
:wink:

“off topic” is the most adored term at this Community these days… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Imagine a section called “Off Topic.” Only off topic threads allowed, meaning if a thread was off topic, it was on topic, and so in violation because it was off topic… :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Imagine Forum moderator moving all off topic posts and answers from other thread to “Off Topic” section. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
That would be awesome… no more hundreds posts to read looking for a particular topic. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Only 36 times before; 89 more to go. Hang in there Bucko.

2 Likes

I personally use FrogLube and it’s great. I love that it is all non toxic (it’s actually food grade) plus has a nice mint smell haha As with pretty much everything, I think it’s all personal preference.

2 Likes

C stands for Clean.
L stands for Lubricate
P stands for Protects

CLP is the best for guns!

4 Likes

So, about Frog Lube. I used to love it. Non toxic, smells great, warm everything up it goes on beautifully, but, beware how you use it. I read head about it causing problems when it got dirty, then sat and got cold (something gun lube should handle without issue). So I tested it.

I shot a couple hundred rounds, let the rifle set for a couple months, then took it outdoors and let it sit outside in the freezing weather for a few hours. Again, something that you should be able to do. It was gummed up to the point of failing. Didn’t work.

5 Likes

I use Hoppes #9 for cleaning and once in awhile I use WD40 to blast away crud. For lubrication I use Militec 1 and for long term “protectant” I use Eezox or Birchwood Casey Barricade.

Stay safe out there.

3 Likes

I know there are lots of great brands out there, but I stick to Hoppe’s brand. I have used it for a few years now and I trust it.

5 Likes

Which of those products is a CLP?

1 Like

Each one has it’s own individual properties and purpose.

Hoppes #9 for Cleaning
Militec 1 for Lubrication (and Protection)
And Eezox or Barricade for long term (storage) protection.

While there are some “one and done” products out there like CLP (the brand name), these are the products that I use.

Stay safe.

3 Likes