What is your favorite carry pistol?

So you have regular FN509, not MIDSIZE? Yeah… the full grip is hard to conceal.

Ya, it’s the original 509, but with the medium back strap, it places my finger at the sweet spot on the trigger. It feels big but once you carry it for awhile it doesn’t seem as big. I’ve had it for four years now and have ran about 5,000rds through it without any trouble.

1 Like

No troubles expected… There is a reason why US Army considered FN509 as Beretta M9 replacement. :+1:

FN says it a million round gun. And I believe it. :grinning:

1 Like

No doubt. I actually believe that any good quality polymer handgun is able to survive 1 million rounds if maintained properly.

Maintenance is the key.

After 1million rounds how much of the gun is still original? Barrel, springs are for sure changed. The frame is probably fine. Would the slide need replacement? Trigger?

New here and appreciate all the comments - I inherited a Beretta 85 Cheetah but not sure that’s going to work for daily carry.

2 Likes

Welcome to our community @Wendy18. No matter what your daily carry choice is, you are in good company here.

Stay safe!

1 Like

Thank you! I am enjoying the community and reading all the posts.

3 Likes

Seriously looking at Glock 26’s now; I kinda’ like that .40 cal.
I’ve always liked Glocks, and don’t even have one now, had one of the very first ones
when they first became popular in -88.

1 Like

FWIW, the G26 is chambered in 9mm and not .40 S&W.

Stay safe

3 Likes

It’s Glock 26+1 then :wink:

3 Likes

HK USP compact 9mm

@Jerzees I had a Glock 22 .40 cal that I dropped a compensated .357 Sig barrel in. It was a lot of fun. I could switch barrels as quickly as I could strip off the slide. The .40 mags worked fine too.
Something to consider anyway. Several Glocks are fine with the swap.

1 Like

As some others have said, my favorite changes. As with my children, my favorite was always the one with me at the time lol. I loved them all equally, but I could enjoy the one sitting with me at the time.
Right now I’m enjoying the Sig.
Of course I respect and admire 1911s. I have one “child” that performs very well but doesn’t carry quite as nicely as the Sig. Then there is the little Kimber Micro9 that carries well, looks great, and performs well for its size.
How do I chose between my children lol?

The Springfield XDE is a nice little concealed carry pistol. After having one in 9mm and liked the way it handles, I had to get one in my favorite 45. They are both the same size and very concealable.

1 Like

I carry a Ruger 9E every where we go.

My current favorite is a War Poet.

5 Likes

Never heard of that one before…