What is the most expensive handgun you have shot?

What is the most expensive handgun you have shot? I had the pleasure to shoot someone else’s Korth combat .357 Magnum revolver about 15-years ago.

1 Like

Probably a matching pair of Atlas Titan pistols.

3 Likes

A few, OK tens of years back, both .45ACP, a Kimber and a Colts, Gold Cup Trophy. Maybe not the expensive on todays economic scales, but at the time it was quite an honor.
jf

1 Like

Approximate known value, a Dan Wesson 1911.
Unknown, I forgot what it is .44 mag, and probably the most valuable, a pearl handled .41 mag revolver, again, forgot what it was, besides beautiful. Clubmates friend passed away, and wanted his gun shot by as many people as possible…
Bro in law has a high end 1911, Les Baer iirc, and hates it :thinking:

1 Like

STI JW3 Combat Master.

That day it is was worth $4,999
Today it costs between $5,999 - 6,499 :scream:
Unforgettable experience :relaxed:

Lever action browning 308

1 Like

My mint Python with elephant ivory grips (pre-ban). Close seconds? My Wilson Combat CQB, My Colt Anaconda, my .44 Mag Grizzly, my 2 S&W Custom .44 mags, my mint Colt Series 70 1911, my WW II vintage Custom Remington Rand 1911. I’ve been lucky with my handgun experiences.

1 Like

Hmmm never used someone else’s handgun, did use a borrowed 308 lever action for deer hunting once don’t remember the model but a nice firearm.

1 Like

TO ME THIS IS PRICELESS <<<

4 Likes

In light of the lifetime of follow up shots it inspired. The most expensive handgun I ever shot, was the first one.

11 Likes

@DS-1 >> Got my first 22 with S&S green stamps ( 7 1/2 books ) Winchester single shot. Still have my first 12 ga. Winchester single shot mod. 37, got it 61
years ago.
:us::us::us:

5 Likes

Smith and Wesson .500 worth about $1,700.00 right now, ammo is almost as expensive. LOL. :us:

2 Likes

My Colt M1911A1. It was handed down to me by my Father and in my eyes it is priceless.

6 Likes

I shot a 10mm handgun. Not sure the make but from what I understood at the time, it was rare. Not so expensive, but definitely a neat experience with a rare gun.

1 Like

If it was one of these, then about $7k

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/101083368?searchTerm=Bren%20ten

1 Like

For me it was a rental Staccato C2.

My buddy was shopping for his first handgun so he was trying out a variety of guns including mine and a couple other friends guns. Waiting in the check in line he spotted the Staccato and asked me if it was any good. I said they are supposed to be, but you might not like the price :rofl:

He ended up buying a Springfield EMP4 concealed contour, but I honestly think he would have bought the Staccato if they would have had one in stock.

2 Likes

The most expensive gun I have shot is the first semi custom 1911… It has cost me dearly over the years as I have my own small collection of 1911’s…

Not sure of the value, but the rarest gun I have shot was the first Guncrafter Industries .45 that was converted to .50GI. It also sported one of 3 Ospery (sp) suppressors… That gun had who knows how many thousands of rounds on it, and it looked almost brand new.

Probably the most expensive gun I have shot would be a Wilson Combat Supergrade with Chalice mammoth tooth grips. I am not a fan of the “Supergrade” philosophy, but it sure was a pretty gun.

2 Likes

6" Python with custom carved stocks.
Unfortunately I could shoot an extremely battered K-38 with rubber Pachmayrs better
OR maybe it was a German Luger, 1920 Commercial model in .30 which belonged to my mother
OR maybe it was a Smith & Wesson Model 29 during the Dirty Harry movie inspired price craze.
OR maybe it was a Smith wesson Model 41 .22 target pistol— which I actually own—even 2nd hand I think it was the most expensive handgun I ever bought!

3 Likes

I’ve never spent tons of money on truly collectibles, but I’ve had some nice ones.
A 1962 Colt National Match Gold Cup 1911.
It was an amazing shooter.
An LRB M14. Nice.
A few others, Browning Hi Power, shotguns, and large bore rifle.
A WW I issue S&W revolver when I was a young man. Low power but an accurate pinker aerating cans.

3 Likes

Before becoming a U.S citizen I couldn’t own a handgun. When I joined the Marines they let me shoot 1911’s all I wanted and it only cost me four years plus extensions. Priceless!

7 Likes