What is the most expensive handgun you have shot?

Colt Gold Cup some time in the late 90’s. It was a range gun that probably wasn’t maintained well. In could feel the grittiness of the slide returning to battery (I’m assuming because it wasn’t cleaned/lubed well). It felt like it was retunring to battery in slow mo.

That being said, I was impressed that when looking at the back of the slide, the slide and frame looked like one piece of metal until you racked it.

2 Likes

A CZ 9mm that a guy at my range had & we were shooting eackother’s pistols. I think hje said he paid $2700 for it.

Get starting on reloading, I was able to reload the same ammo and my friend couldn’t tell the difference between factory and reload! Massive ammo!

My most expensive is the limited edition Alien 500!

3 Likes

A THOMPSON CENTER ARMS 243. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I shot it, now I own both of them.

13565289_02_staccato_p_dpo_640

6 Likes

Welcome to the CLUB ! :handshake:

:fist_right: :facepunch: :fist_left:

2 Likes

Thanks @Jerzees , The only other 1911 I owned was a Springfield EMP. Loved the look of the pistol, but it never was my favorite. The Staccato P and C2 knock it out of the park! I had to sell a few pistols to get them, but they are worth it to me. I also appreciate the fact they are 100% USA made including all of the material. Have to respect that.

2 Likes

These are worth every penny spent on them.

2 Likes

FN 5.7 - Not Expensive for some, but the Ammo I think everyone would agree is!

1 Like

Are you going to cry if they are confiscated after you have to use one of them for self-defense?

Nope.
This is the tool that probably helped to save my life.
There’s no value I would regret.

2 Likes

Have to go with a numbers matching 1914 Erturt Luger Artillery with the stock. Did you know the cap on the magazines were WOOD and serialized to the original pistol? 2nd would fall into an original Colt “Peace Maker” in about 95% condition, owned by a mayor of some cowboy town in Colorado. The next would have to be a Gyro Jet , got that chance at Crane Arsenal in IN. I may have fired a bunch more modern manufacturer pistols over the years that are certainly up there in value but those 3 stand out.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

M1911A1 - 3 years of my life.

4 Likes

Love to shoot one of these, The Patek Phillipe of Handguns: Limited Editions - Cabot Guns

1 Like

Most expensive handgun I have shot? Staccato with RMR

Or Glock 18, or MP5, or Kriss Vector, or some Beretta full auto 9mm sub gun…not sure how money on those works since I’ll never own (or even possess myself, really) one

2 Likes

My dad brought back a 22 cal Mauser rifle that was used by the German Army for training. It was the subject of a lot of bickering when my dad passed but it stayed with my side of the family. It is the pride of my collection and will never be sold.

3 Likes

I haven’t shot them yet:
A model 94 from 1895 chambered in 40-40. I just got a bore scope to make sure it won’t blow up in our faces. We also need to find some cowboy loads for it.

A red nine mauser C96. Dad is researching whether it’ll stand up to the pressures of modern 9mm

actually, an airgun - Hammerli with BIG scope shooting air pistol silhouette 25 years ago.

1 Like

SPRINGFIELD .45 – 1911 Loaded Target model.

1 Like