Wilson Combat EDCX9S

Hey Guys,
I wanted to update the core group here on a piece of gear that I’m very, very sure nearly all of you are going to want to check out. Now, before we begin, I do understand that the EDCX9S is a $3,000 subcompact 9mm. I know that’s a turn-off to some people, fine. But, but, but, BUT, please read on.

I consider myself to be on the high end of intermediate skill level in shooting. I’ve been around, I’ve seen all the types of handguns. I’ve shot the Laugo Alien, I’ve shot the Arcon Type B, the Shadow 2, almost everything Glock has ever produced; M&Ps, Berettas, the list goes on. Been there, done that many, many times.

This handgun is unlike every single thing I have ever shot. Period. It’s even unlike the other Wilsons I own.

You owe it to yourself to shoot this if you get a chance. You should, you should, you SHOULD trade a few to get one of these, and I’m supremely confident you will walk away asking yourself how it’s possible you didn’t do this earlier. It’s clean, crisp, tight, smooth as glass and easy to carry all day long.

Anyway, my $0.02. What an incredibly smooth shooting machine this thing is.

2 Likes

Enjoy! It better be amazing for that price!

I would absolutely have to shoot it before buying at that price. You could buy a very good pistol and a lot of extra ammo (even at today’s prices!) for that amount. It does look like a nice piece though. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Congrats on EDCx9 :+1:

I fully understand your enthusiasm and also support fact to at least try to shoot it.

I had a chance to shoot few Wilson Combat products and EDCx9 was the pistol I felt in love right away. And yes… the price was a problem.
Beginning of this year I decided to reward myself for passing few certifications and EDCx9 WAS on the list.
But… life is life, we cannot predict everything what can happen :laughing: The same time I was searching for the pistol, my local Range got Staccato’s on the stock… and instead of Wilson Combat EDCx9 I bought Staccato R… :relaxed:
Do I regret my decision? Not at all. What I found was that every handgun valued $2K and up was a masterpiece.

Anyway, Wilson Combat is a great manufacturer, I’ve been using their parts for my 1911s, and actually upgraded my Staccato with their magazines.
Do I still want EDCx9? Yes… hopefully one day, but the desire is less that last year.
Even now, I’m looking at their website and checking my bank account… :joy:

3 Likes

I have a Wilson Combat 1911. Love it. I just need to update a few thins.

Take a look at mine. Isn’t she a beauty?

3 Likes

Even now looking at bank account…no need to go to website. :frowning:

2 Likes

You can always go to their website… no money needed to watch. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is what I am doing now and will do for next year… two years… three years… :thinking: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I know this isn’t the topic of the subject, but I’m not necessarily a wealthy guy either. I saved and saved and saved, and didn’t buy XYZ, and just shoved it away until I could make sure that I could have that one handgun I’ll have the rest of my life. I have some “plastic fantastic” guns and they’re great, sure they are. But to me there is nothing like an all-metal handgun that’s blissful to shoot, easy to carry, quick to draw and dead-center on target. Wilson included their test target at 15 yards and there was ONE. DOT. for 5 shots. Absolutely incredible. At self-defense distances, this handgun is game. on.

2 Likes

Best product on the magazine market!

1 Like

That’s the way we should act. Buy and use what is the best for you. I understand this and you made a great decision.

In my case I didn’t buy Staccato for carrying, my life is in M&P9 hands… means barrel :wink:
But I felt almost the same need as you. Polymer tools are great, and work for me as designed, but I still wanted to have something extra - 1911, 2011, SA/DA pistol, aluminium frame, steel frame… all kind of firearms I could test and be sure I could operate them.
Spending $2K, or $3K for pistol may sound crazy… but it doesn’t for sure. I heard this: “You get what you pay for” several times…and this statement is correct. I also respect decision to pay $3K for something you really want. You think, you save, you spend… it’s yours, earned by yourself, not taken from anybody else. Some people drink Starbucks and eat McDonald’s everyday, other keep their money for other needs.

2 Likes

I will say I think of Guns kinda like a car guy thinks about cars.

One of the reasons I like guns is let’s say you decide you want a $4,000 gun. It’s 4K, that’s a lot, BUT the car equivalent would be closer to $100,000, plus it will hold its value better than a car.

1 Like

Hands down!:rofl:

WAY better, they appreciate instead of depreciate, especially right now.

2 Likes

Bill Wilson is my hero, his guns are my dream guns. However, If I wish to keep my marriage alive… $3,000 and up for a gun is not going to cut it, unless she gets the red Lamborghini!
Technically speaking, nothing less than any .45 in his repertoire!

2 Likes