[article] The Five Worst Guns I've Ever Owned

I paid all of 40 bucks for this pistol, and I most certainly got ripped off.

:rofl:

I am (un)fortunate enough to not have purchased anything terrible like on this list. Does anyone else have a good story or two about their own “worst gun”?

2 Likes

I can’t say it was the worse but I owned a Taurus 45 ACP about 7 years ago. I will never buy another. I know they have come out with better guns since then but I’m kind of picky with the firearms I purchase now.

3 Likes

The worst gun I own, is my Marlin 795. Now, “worst” is a relative term, as my little Marlin is an awesome gun. It would be like owning a building full of expensive sports cars, and saying the Corvette in the corner is the worst.
It’s not the most expensive. It’s not the most powerful. It isn’t as “pretty” as some others, but, it’s a shooter. To take a modified quote from the hot rod world, a pretty gun isn’t always the best shooter, but a good shooter is always pretty. (Pretty isn’t always fast, but fast is always pretty)

3 Likes

Walther P22. Helped the manager of the Kitzigen Rod and Gun Club out when I was buying a new CZ75…he made me a deal on the P22 I should have refused!

3 Likes

My 2nd gun in this life was an RIA 1911 Compact in 9mm. I bought the RIA as a range gun, I wanted a 1911 and I wanted a 9mm so I could shoot cheaper ammo. Why not combine them? Well, the RIA had a rail, beveled magwell, and night sights, G10 grips with a thumb groove. A range gun? Alright, so, I was the problem. But I have often wondered why make a 1911 in 9mm. Are there not a lot of perfectly good 9mm pistols in the world? I sold off the RIA Tactical 1911 in 9mm and have never wished I had it back. Just seems wrong somehow, like a crossword puzzle being worked upside down. Wrong tool for the wrong activity just leads to wrong, wrong, wrong and… sell it. At least it wasn’t a terribly expensive mistake.

2 Likes

Watched an episode on Youtube of the Military Arms Channel about the 5 worst guns the author had purchased.

Link here…

1 Like