Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Hello. My name is medicbuys1. I have had a CCW permit for nearly 20 years. I have been a Paramedic and Firefighter in a large city for 22 years. There is a lot of evil in this world. I think its great that we have a site like this to be able to help train and be trained by a verity of different back grounds. I look forward to engaging in conversation.

5 Likes

Hello @medicbuys1, we are so glad to have you hear and
Thank you for your service being a first responder.

4 Likes

Happy Monday Everyone! Welcome to all of the new participants in the Community! We’re so glad to have you all here!!

Please help me welcome:
@Jeff352, @Charles102, @Anthony62, @David_J, @mary7, @GARY106, @Charles103, @anon10229383, @STEVEN92, @Pete_22, @Paul120, @Jeffrey55, @John296, @Paul121, @Robert295, @George52, @BWise, @Joseph89, @Tyler23, @Barry16, @Jason75, @Gregory39, @Edward58, @Glen7, @Walt3, @Aaron28, @Samantha1, @Brian102, @Philip24, @James274, @Paul122, @Chris66, @David305, @Dave34, @Daniel106, @Brian103, @Neal7, @TEST_PURCHASE, @Chris67, @Cody10, @Don34, @Marvin10, @Tom36, @DML9, @Barry17, @Thomas_W1, @Rod2, @KEVIN96, @Charlotte, @Carlos12, @Rahel, @Smitty5150, @KJ_MN, @Lori3, @Nathan25, @Robert296, @Wendy5, @_curtberg2, @James275, @Robert297, @Richard154, @Mark178, @Don35, @Steven93, @Neil7, @Jeff53, @Brian104, @Thomas113, @Mark167, @techs, @Donald63, @Stephen78, @Jim56, @ChristopherP, @Marat, @Donna5, @Bryan27, @John297, @Ed122, @Tony17, @Troy2008, @Clayton4, @Robert298, @Richard168, @Bruce37, @Eva.G, @LeroyTaylor, @Trevor7, @Jonathan38, @Teresa2, @Kenneth_W1, @Kumoski, @Alfred9, @Roger31, @Mike82, @Steve71, @Ronald47, @Granville, @Charles104, @Bradey, @Kenneth66, @Sean26, @Thomas114, @Niels, @DeWayne, @Carmen3, @Ethan1, @Juanita2, @dennis52, @Billy11, @Jon_V, @Maestro, @Scott95, @Bruce38, @Ronald59, @Roland3, @Anna3, @_jhigginbotham2342, @Henry17, @Paul062, @Patrick54, @David306, @Shane13, @Lucky13, @wanda, @Jerry49, @EricJGrooms, @David308, @Steve72, @Barry18, @Michael356, @John298, @Huskygal, @Christina5, @Kyle17, @Brian105, @James276, @SirHemi, @James277, @Charles105, @Steve73, @_Shaul_Shawn, @Hector5, @Heather7, @Kenneth67, @Matthew63, @Angela2, @Rodney14, @melissa6, @Michael803, @Jim57, @Richard169, @Mark168, @Jeremy35

If you’re new and would like to change your username or profile picture, please click on the circle in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, then click on your name and finally click on Preferences. You will be able to make adjustments there.

If you need any help, please tag the moderators at @moderators and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. People here are friendly and helpful - so jump right in!

6 Likes

Just FYI… there is no option to change our username in the Preferences tab. As a common user, it shows the username as a fixed, non-editable entry.

5 Likes

Say, I am still very concerned with the lack of agressive response from USCCA of being dropped from the program by the Washington State Insurance Commissioner. Others have said the USCCA has rolled over and is playing dead.

4 Likes

Are you privy to what’s going on in the office at USCCA to be able to say that they are doing nothing?

None of the “pro gun” groups, including USCCA, NRA, and all the others can “aggressively” correct the “will of the people” who vote anti-gun regimes into state and local governments.

Frankly, I’ve been extremely concerned about gun owners who spend so much time and effort in-fighting over Glock vs 1911 or 9mm vs 45ACP, but won’t bother to be active on the political get-out-to-vote front. But then they blame groups like the NRA when anti-gun laws are passed. The NRA doesn’t make the laws and has little real power over the law makers. They can do a little lobbying work on our behalf and support legal actions after the fact. But it’s not their fault when we lose ground.

9 Likes

Welcome to all

4 Likes

Welcome to our community! Please feel free to jump right in and contribute your thoughts.

5 Likes

Hi. Im Kerry from the Missouri Ozarks

7 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate the welcome

5 Likes

@kerry8 - welcome to the community!

4 Likes

I believe there’s a limit to 30 days for changing usernames… unless that setting was reset. Please message me and I’ll be glad to change your username on the back end for you. :slight_smile:

I’ll also double check those settings!

3 Likes

@Bruce38, we are working very hard on Washington state - and have been this entire time. Unfortunately the situation is complex on a number of different levels. You can follow the developments and latest discussions about Washington State here:

As soon as I have more information to share, I will share it.

3 Likes

Hello Kerry @kerry8 Welcome to the community

4 Likes

I am Kristine and I am fro Wisconsin

8 Likes

Welcome fellow cheese head

6 Likes

I’m Ronald D. Murphy and I’m a former Marine and retired Army Soldier. I’ve been carrying for about 2 years and I do because I want to protect my family which include wife, grand kids and my brother and sister in law. I’m the only one with weapons training, the rest of the family are really religious except grand kids and will not carry if their lives depended on it. I have alot to learn so I’ll be picking your brains,

5 Likes

@Ronald_D - thank you for your service, and welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Hello all, My name is Mark and I’m from SW Ohio. I’ve recently become a member of the USCCA and started carrying again a couple months ago. I have owned firearms all my adult life; The staple, has always been my S&W .45 6451 and my EDC, is a Ruger EC9. I just purchased an AR lower receiver and will be building my first rifle. Looking forward to the build as much as I am the range.
I’ve had tactical training some years ago and look forward to refreshers and some additional training in rifle tactics and emergency trauma in the near future. I do believe practice, familiarity and training are keys to being prepared. Also, I’ve just registered and confirmed my plans to attend the Expo in Kansas City.

7 Likes

Welcome

With help from Dawn some of us are going to try and have an informal meet and greet sometime during the Expo. Watch for a thread as things get closer.

Don

6 Likes