I am new to this community. Being 66 years old, a veteran and have concealed carry now for three years. I am a member of USCCA. I have not participated in any self defense training (I know, my bad) and just learned today that the next USCCA expo will be in Kansas City in 2020 and I do plan to attend that and am looking forward to going. Got interested in CC when my daughter talked me into taking a CC class with her. No regrets. Now I have purchased a small autoloader for my wife and am working with her to teach her to shoot. All for fun. Looking forward to learn from all of you even though I don’t have much to contribute. My mind is like a sponge and desire to soak up all I can from all of you.

6 Likes

Welcome @Patrick3, you’re in the right place! Glad you’re here!

Thanks. I have been following for the past week or so but never got my bio out there for review. I have enjoyed what I have been reading and look forward to rubbing elbows with like-minded, responsibly armed citizens.

2 Likes

It is a pretty cool place to hang out :slight_smile: awesome folks here!

1 Like

Just watch for that JKetchem guy, he’s a weirdo.

3 Likes

Ha! Yeah I meant to warn you about him :grin:
Oh, wait… that’s my buddy J!

1 Like

I’m feeling goofy tonight after my patio set incident. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Welcome @Patrick3. This community is a great place to hang out.

1 Like

Welcome, KS is good country if you can stay out of the cities HA!

I’ve spent a lot of time around Eureka, Wichita, and over in west, particularly SW KS on good bird years.

KC area has some great ranges and gun clubs too.

2 Likes

Hi to y all !!.. I’m new to this community. I am 77 years old Frenchman, served in the French green berets during the Algerian war in 1962, I am a CCW holder for only 6 months and I joined USCCA today . Looking forward to learn and or re-learn from all of you veterans…

3 Likes

Welcome Walter. Like you, I am new to this community and you and I can learn together. I have noticed this community says “thank you for your service in the military”, so likewise I well tell you thank you for your service to your country’s armed forces.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community and to the USCCA Family, @Walter2! When did you move to the US?

2 Likes

Thank you Dawn for the warm welcome! I met my wife in St Thomas VI in 1969 got married there 3 months later she wanted to go back home to New York, so we did in 1970, moved down to Florida in 1988 and been here ever since i the Fort Lauderdale area!

2 Likes

Thank You Patrick3.

1 Like

Welcome. I did some work with a couple of FFL units back in the 80’s and developed much respect for the French SF’s.

1 Like

Tough cookies thoes FFL!!!.. And in the 80’s they where already volunteers with a clean conscious, the ones post ww II where remnants off the SS and or criminals from the 4 corners of the world!.. Personally I had a blast with them in Tizi Ouzou & Algiers…
And thank you! for your service Sir…

2 Likes